Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
player slips through body of rotating entity (chair)
darksky Offline

Threads: 8
player slips through body of rotating entity (chair)

i'm playing around with the rotateProp... function atm and got the following problem:
I jump on a chair. then the chair rotates around an scriptarea. then the player is constantly moving backwards (I know, simple physics laws). the problem is, that the player somehow can slip through the body of the chair while moving backwards.

check this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTyDKbAW8Kw

is there a way to fix / prevent it?
01-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Find
nivramm Offline

Threads: 1
RE: player slips through body of rotating entity (chair)

(01-22-2013, 10:43 PM)darksky Wrote: i'm playing around with the rotateProp... function atm and got the following problem:
I jump on a chair. then the chair rotates around an scriptarea. then the player is constantly moving backwards (I know, simple physics laws). the problem is, that the player somehow can slip through the body of the chair while moving backwards.

check this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTyDKbAW8Kw

is there a way to fix / prevent it?

I'm sure there is a more proper solution for this, but you could add a blockbox to the body of the chair. Don't know how to make it stay on the chair, but i'm sure there is a way.
I guess you have collision enabled at the chair?
01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: player slips through body of rotating entity (chair)

If there wasn't collision, you couldn't even sit in the chair.

Open the model editor. Make a vertical shape, like if the chair had the back taller. Then, make a body and go to View<Outline. Make a relation between the body and the mesh.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Find