Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What was the last Film you watched?
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
What was the last Film you watched?

So this is like the music thread but with films instead. I love films almost as much as music Smile You can sort of give a little review of it too if you like,

NO SPOILERS!

You don't need to read my short reviews or write one yourself, just curious what you guy's been watching Smile

Tonight I really spoiled myself, watching 3 very awesome films.

1. The Dark Knight Rises - As always, Nolan's Batman films are the best. Is this as good as The Dark Knight? Probably not, but Tom Hardy did a great job with Bane (nobody would play him better). Still nothing beats Heath Ledger though. Catwoman seems to have mixed opinions overall, she didn't make the film any better or worse in my opinion. Probably the standout for me in this film was Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Blake, he played his part very well in a role that could have easily been of very little significance but he made it worthwhile having. Whereas The Dark Knight was unforgettable for me, The Dark Knight Rises definitely seems like it will decay in my memory.

2. Perks of Being a WallFlower - I had been wanting to see this film for a long time now. I had heard it was one of the best films of 2012. Is it? Thats for you to decide, all I can say is watch it while you're young. The lead character is very lovable and is great. Erza Miller is the standout in this film. One of the best things about the film is how it doesn't force any of the situations on you which happens so often in modern film. The film is so fluent and the narrative flows naturally throughout. Hipster? Some will shout yes. Overall the film is brilliant in my opinion, it will stick with me for a long time. I am considering reading the book too.

3. The Breakfast Club - Been dying to see this one for a while now too. This classic 80's film portrays the lives of 5 American High School stereotypes and puts them together for 8 hours in detention. It sounds like it should never work as a film however it does and it does it so well. The cast is perfect. At times you'll be loving 1 character and hating another, then your opinions will be changed. At its core its a drama, yet its funny without trying to be. The script is phenomenal. Bare in mind this is an 80's film, a definitive one too but that means it contains the cheese which we all know about.

[Image: luv.gif]
01-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: What was the last Film you watched?

der whobbit

[Image: p229xcq]
01-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

Ran.
Epic, just epic!
01-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Pans Labyrinth!
Awesome Movie

Trying is the first step to success.
01-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I just watched Shark Night

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Haven't seen a movie in a looooong time, I think the last one was The Dark Knight Rises but I could be wrong. Music tends to be much more entertaining anyways~

Posting Freak
01-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

Matrix.

Best night ever.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
01-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Last one was the Hobbit. Thankfully not in 3D - it's really hard to find a cinema that shows movies in 2D nowadays!
I thoroughly enjoyed it - the Hobbit is a much harder book to adapt to film in comparison to the Lord of the Rings, with its awkward structure, many main characters and all these little sub-adventures happening one after the other, but I think they did a good job nonetheless.

At first, one wouldn't think that such a short book could provide enough material for three movies but with all the stuff thats happening on the journey and two main ending climaxes (the "fake ending", that is Smaugs death ,followed by the actual ending, the Battle of Five Armies) I can really see this three-film structure working out nicely. One film to establish the characters and show the major part of the journey, plus one film for each of the big events.

I also like how they adapted the much more light-hearted and at times downright silly tone of the book, without making it seem too goofy in comparison to LOTR. Nice balance they found there.
01-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Last movie I watch was Resident Evil: Retribution.

The whole movie is a whole pop of nothing at all. It's nothing. It doesn't advance the series, there is nearly no motivation for whatever is happening, and has plain nothing in it. Horrible movie.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

The hobbit - Very good thing, except the CGI was overdone on a lot of places which was a shame.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Find