Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture Glitch, Maybe?
EpiqueSauce Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra Overture Glitch, Maybe?

So, I had been playing this game for a while and everything runs great, but I've reached, what I think, is a glitch.

I think I should be in the third level, seeing as I've "descended" into the mine about 3 times now, I'm in some refinery with conveyor belts, and pistons. The door is jammed and I can't get out. So I go to the panel, and there isn't a little hand, to interact with but when I click, some of the pistons move, anyway, I clicked a few times and finally caught on, so when I clicked to get the pistons in the right order to walk under them they just stopped moving. The sound plays as if they were moving but nothing happens they're stuck in a fixed position. I loaded the game from where I got the bolt cutter and went back into the room and clicked again, but the pistons didn't move at all at that point.

how the pistons are stuck: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578979...D0B83AF2E/

Looking for some help, please! I'd really like to keep playing!
01-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra Overture Glitch, Maybe?

Could be that you need to run a cache integrity check on the game in steam, then when you start the game again load a saved game from before the first time you entered the room with the pistons.
01-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Website Find
EpiqueSauce Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra Overture Glitch, Maybe?

(01-30-2013, 08:11 AM)jens Wrote: Could be that you need to run a cache integrity check on the game in steam, then when you start the game again load a saved game from before the first time you entered the room with the pistons.

I did that, and had the same problem.
What I did and finally made it through, was jump around the buttons, whilst clicking like a mad man. gg.
01-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Find