Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Funny things you encounted (or wish you encountered) in Penumbra
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Funny things you encounted (or wish you encountered) in Penumbra

Describe a moment in you play of Penumbra that you thought was funny, or something you wish were in the game. For example...

[real example of an event from Penumbra]

In Overture, I was crouched down and attacking a dog with a hammer. At the same time, at first I hadn't noticed, I was pushing the dog. The dog got pushed into one of the metal crates in the area. You can't open it, but look inside it. All of a sudden the dog was now inside it and it couldn't get to me! That's one way of dealing with an annoying enemy Tongue

[example of something I wished I'd encountered]

When one here's of a worm in general, he/she will think of an earthworm on a fishing hook. I wish, while being chased by a Rock Worm, I saw a giant 'fish hook' and used it to lure the worm onto to get stuck on. What would be even funnier (and potentially scarier than a Kearnk) is if a gigantic fish suddenly snatched it right up!
02-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Funny things you encounted (or wish you encountered) in Penumbra

Things I wish had happend to me dashing over the ice to get to the hand holding the crowbar while not yet having the saw.

Things that actually happened to me taking out the broom while trying to slay the dog it wasn't very effective.
02-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(02-05-2013, 04:12 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: Things I wish had happend to me dashing over the ice to get to the hand holding the crowbar while not yet having the saw.

Things that actually happened to me taking out the broom while trying to slay the dog it wasn't very effective.

Good one, that would be fun to be dashing over the ice.

Never used the broom myself. though what would be funny if the dog died laughing at the sight of you using a broom against it.
02-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

I guess Cthulhu uses rock worms as fishing baits... But WHAT does he catch? Shoggoths?
02-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(02-05-2013, 10:13 PM)Deep One Wrote: I guess Cthulhu uses rock worms as fishing baits... But WHAT does he catch? Shoggoths?

Shoggoths would be the Salmon or Bass (as they can swim). The thing to remember with fishing is...sometimes you catch something more dangerous than you can handle. For us humans, occasionally we get dangerous sharks.

For Cthulhu, how about this massive female monster of the Bermuda Triangle http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/2...5fe7jf.png )?

Artwork was done by taesospiritdragon, and done very well. Can you imagine a chase scene against this monster instead of a worm/shadow/kaernk?
02-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Find
Felix Atagong Offline

Threads: 2

Sorry to revive this old thread, but rather adding this to an old one than start a new, I think. I have been replaying BP for the last two days, but in easy mode as I just wanted to check some things out.

In Chemical Research I stumbled upon an infected and I froze, awaiting for his reaction. Guess what, he froze as well and failed to recognise me despite my flare.

I stood there and he stood there as well for about two minutes without moving. Finally I just decided to run back from where I came from. I suppose he continued with his round as well after that.

Attached Files
.jpg   Ritula92.jpg (Size: 109.34 KB / Downloads: 239)

Some Penumbra 2006 TD Hints and a Dutch localisation file can be found at http://atagong.com/penumbra
08-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

He just went afk
08-12-2013, 03:40 AM
Find