Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dead Space 3 Thread - Also Co-Op Partner Recruitment Thread
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Dead Space 3 Thread - Also Co-Op Partner Recruitment Thread

Hey there all. It's 2 AM over where I am, and I just got off probably close to 8 hours of Dead Space 3 straight after buying it. I'm currently on chapter 13 on the solo campaign, and am going to finish it (hopefully) tomorrow.

But for now. Some thoughts on the game...I'm a bit lazy right now, so I'll just toss you guys a review which sums up ALMOST all of my thoughts with several exceptions (Also not the co-op since I haven't played that yet):

Now time for some of my own additional thoughts some of which might not agree with the video itself (I also would've given the game a higher score based on my own opinion so far. Even so, definitely by no means a 9/10 game. Maybe an 8.2~8.6?):
Spoiler below!

The story of Dead Space 3 while it definitely has pacing issues (It moves VERY slowly, and drags out in its entire first half), I was enjoying the gameplay, and setting so much that I wasn't really bothered by it anymore consciously. I never felt so pleased doing fetch quests while it is logically speaking horribly repetitive. I enjoy it, and that's what matters. It definitely did not bother me as much as the IGN guy I can tell.

Also, I don't know why, but seeing a thing such as "optional quests" being in Dead Space 3 just makes me squeal with delight. I have no idea why.

Even with its issues, I like that the Dead Space 3 story has broadened its sense of scale noticeably. To me that makes it feel like the franchise really is evolving, and is raising the stakes in terms of story presentation. Not everyone will share this view, and some may disagree.

Also, I am very interested to see how Carver's story is presented through the co-op, especially since his role seems to be so small in solo. From what I hear it is very interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the "special" gameplay mechanics in the co-op.

Another (minor) complainant I have is that I wish they made the interface of crafting easier, especially the part with the "primary" tool for the guns. I wish it would tell me what type of "gunfire" a certain tool would create before I actually made it. The interface itself is also a bit messy imho.

The crafting system as a whole is still awesome though.

Also, I call bollocks on restricting the gun limit from four to two. The whole point of of crafting is to play around with different gun types. In my opinion, restricting the gun limit to two heavily hinders this sector. Maybe four would've still been too many, but I think it should've at least been three.

Another thing is that I wish suit difference had more impact on gameplay/stats besides cosmetic purposes. I wish that there were more variants of suits, and that each one affected Issac in some way (Stasis recharge time, overall weapon fire rate, etc). It would make the aspect of suits much more interesting.

Whew, that turned out way longer than I expected. Don't get me wrong though with all those small complaints. Dead Space 3 is still awesome, and I definitely think you should check it out if you have the chance.

Now....it's time for the most important(?) purpose of this thread! Dead Space 3 Co-op partner hunting!

If anyone already has Dead Space 3, or is planning on getting it soon, leave your Skype below, or whatever the hell it is you use to add Origin friends with. It's my first Origin game so not all that sure how the system works yet.

Origin ID: Kreekakon

Of course this is not just limited to me. If anyone else is looking for partners, feel free to find them here!

Come on guys! Let the soul-mate frenzy commence!!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2013, 07:10 PM by Kreekakon.)
02-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Dead Space 3 Thread - Also Co-Op Partner Recruitment Thread

Also if anyone wants to hate on Dead Space(since I know so many of you do)...take it to another thread, or it'll be an instant report
02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Installing it right now. My expectations aren't high, but I'm still excited. Watched The Thing (2012) last night and omg, I wanted to play Dead Space. If Dead Space had a movie, it would probably be The Thing.

And I agree with Hunter of Shadows. Except I don't have to report. lulz
02-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(02-05-2013, 10:01 PM)Statyk Wrote: Installing it right now. My expectations aren't high, but I'm still excited. Watched The Thing (2012) last night and omg, I wanted to play Dead Space. If Dead Space had a movie, it would probably be The Thing.

And I agree with Hunter of Shadows. Except I don't have to report. lulz

It's reviews are good, despite some of the bullshit Visceral caved into EA for(Origin mandatory, PC version has a lot less features then console versions, etc etc) they still make a damn good game.

Also Visceral has gotten better at their jump scares, now necromorphs will pop out of snow drifts, and areas where you think are crawling with the undead are safe, whereas areas you think are safe...

BAM

Gets me so goddamn bad, goddamnit Visceral, and here I thought I'd learned every trick you had up your sleeve
02-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Fuck all of you D: You making me jelly!
02-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Just beat the game. First run took something like 11 hours to beat.

Well...the story was interesting to say the least, but if I had to judge it the execution could've used a whole lot more work like I said earlier, mostly being that the story drags itself out too much.

Also, no one wants to sign up for co-op? Sad

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

I'd love to but I don't have the fucking game >.<
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Danny why don't you just torrent it if you want it that bad

Posting Freak
02-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(02-06-2013, 04:44 PM)Kman Wrote: Danny why don't you just torrent it if you want it that bad

Cuss Fuck Piracy. And fuck high prices.
02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I've learned pirating is more of a hassle than just forking out the dough. I'd rather wait and save up than pirate a game.

Also,
Spoiler below!

I just got on the ship with Carver (or Carter. Didn't hear it well) and so far I'm digging it. Seeing the radical Unitologists is something that was nice to see. I like to imagine they are like this. I also really like Isaac's outfit. I want it. Big Grin The only complaint I have so far is that the music sounds more actiony than dramatic horror. Dead Space 2 had some great tracks. Listen to this part from the open sequence chase in DS2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Q3kCQrt...Wjw#t=198s

Hoping that changes. D:

Gonna darken my room, turn up the surround sound, and fire at some more necromorphs now.
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Find