Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average
Mental memorial - Full Conversion *-RELEASED-*
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Mental memorial - Full Conversion ON HOLD....Error occured...

(02-09-2013, 10:51 PM)ElectricRed Wrote: This looks pretty good! How long is it? I want to know if I can complete this in one playthrough.

--
Thank you, i am following your mod as well!
-
Well...
I think it take sprobely around 2-4 hours.
Depends on the player offcourse!
AND if you go the right direction inmidiatly Wink
I think myself it will take around 2 - 2½ hours to finish.

(02-09-2013, 10:19 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(02-09-2013, 09:21 PM)dnalange Wrote: Thank you humiliation!
No errors?
I needed to fix an error tho!
THANKS i am very happy you enjoyed it!!!

Oh, only one random crash when you use the elevator on floor 0 to 2.

---
ALL errors\crashes are fixed now!!! { i only know for sure when more people have played it... }
But.. as far as i tryd.. it works fine!
There are SAVE spots for the player to save the game..
So if you are not sure/.. SAVE the game when ever you wamt.
There must be NO problems\errors anymore tho! "" Fingers Crossed ""
ENJOY ALL.. { MOD-Autorisation MODDB }
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013, 11:40 PM by DnALANGE.)
02-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

RE: Mental memorial - Full Conversion *-RELEASED-*

FINISHED!!!
I hope there are NO bugs and Errors!!!
If there ARE .. Pleae let me know!
To all.
ENJOY
02-10-2013, 03:21 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Tried messing around with so video recording software. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like my computer is cut out for the task (It lags horribly), so no LP for this unfortunately.

I'll still definitely play it though Wink

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
02-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

Just finished it. And it was amazing.

In Ruins [WIP]
02-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Find
WalkthroughGaming Offline

Threads: 0

Hello made a playthrough :

Part 2 coming soon!

Thanks for awesome mod! Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 02:03 PM by WalkthroughGaming.)
02-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

I'm stuck.

Spoiler below!
Where do I find the bone for the man's dog?

Image by BandyGrass
02-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(02-10-2013, 02:17 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I'm stuck.

Spoiler below!
Where do I find the bone for the man's dog?

There is a frige somewheere on the 2th floor
02-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Alright, I beat this a little while ago, and it's time for me to give you an honest review dnalange. Frankly speaking I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I'll break the review down into several small sections. The review will contain a few minor spoilers puzzle-wise.

Mapping/Setting: For the most part I enjoyed this section quite a lot. There were a lot of brilliantly used set pieces, and most of it was structured very nicely. I especially like some of the sewer levels as they were done brilliantly in the mapping section.

Though I have to question some weird mapping aspects, such as the bathroom enveloped with blue fog. Why the hell is there BLUE fog in a bathroom?

Another problem is that the white office drapes seem to get into the way of the player way too often, and sometimes will even obstruct important doorways from view unless closely inspected.

Scares/Atmosphere: Sadly the actual scares is when this review might start taking a nose-dive. Many of the scares are jumpscares, and while several others are not, some just have cool concepts which are poorly executed in way that causes them to lose their intended purposes. Actual scares were definitely a weak point in the mod. There were a handful of decent ones though. Just more bad than good.

The atmosphere on the other hand was in my opinion done great. Not masterful, but it was done very good. I'd even go as far to say the scares were not so much the "scare factor" of the mod as much as the atmosphere. It was in the most part done extremely well.

Storytelling: Unfortunately this is another low point of the mod. The whole mod is basically a "Wake up in an unknown place" except in a hospital. The story is largely absent in the mod, and you barely have any interactions with the plot, or any hints towards it. While I'd say the whole story is "resolved" at the end, the entire story was still extremely poorly executed in my opinion. This next statement may be a bit harsh, but I can't even call the occasional story bits as pacing issues since there's so little of a story to begin with. No story in a "wander around" type game like Amnesia means no motivation to really keep going unless everything besides the story is done exceptionally.

Gameplay/Puzzles: I like the addition of a few interesting gameplay mechanics such as the flashlight re-charging one. I do have to be puzzled at why there seems to be a few extra ones like a phone, and choice making at the start of the game, but later simply vanish. Did you think that they weren't worth it or something?

As for the puzzles, I think you should've given the player a bit more hints, and nudges as to where such things you need might be located so they aren't lost all the time. Also you should say outright in the mementos, or item description where exactly this goes if the "player character" knows it instead of saying it goes to the one in "this room". If the player leaves to go do something else he/she might forget.

My personal experience with this was the "screwdriver fixing the sensor" puzzle. Before I acquired the screwdriver, I already triggered the memento for fixing the sensor very early in the game. It was much later in the game that I actually reached a point that I HAD to fix it, and by that time when I found the screwdriver, I had no idea what I was supposed to do with it. I only solved the problem by opening up the mod's script in Notepad++

Technical Issues: Mostly none, but I did run into a game crash at the part where you use the "lockpick" to acquire the "backdoor key"

Verdict: A lot of interesting settings, and new gameplay mechanics is brought down by confusing gameplay as well as a poor execution of story. 6.5/10

Image by BandyGrass
02-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(02-10-2013, 04:39 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Alright, I beat this a little while ago, and it's time for me to give you an honest review dnalange. Frankly speaking I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I'll break the review down into several small sections. The review will contain a few minor spoilers puzzle-wise.

Mapping/Setting: For the most part I enjoyed this section quite a lot. There were a lot of brilliantly used set pieces, and most of it was structured very nicely. I especially like some of the sewer levels as they were done brilliantly in the mapping section.

Though I have to question some weird mapping aspects, such as the bathroom enveloped with blue fog. Why the hell is there BLUE fog in a bathroom?

Another problem is that the white office drapes seem to get into the way of the player way too often, and sometimes will even obstruct important doorways from view unless closely inspected.

Scares/Atmosphere: Sadly the actual scares is when this review might start taking a nose-dive. Many of the scares are jumpscares, and while several others are not, some just have cool concepts which are poorly executed in way that causes them to lose their intended purposes. Actual scares were definitely a weak point in the mod. There were a handful of decent ones though. Just more bad than good.

The atmosphere on the other hand was in my opinion done great. Not masterful, but it was done very good. I'd even go as far to say the scares were not so much the "scare factor" of the mod as much as the atmosphere. It was in the most part done extremely well.

Storytelling: Unfortunately this is another low point of the mod. The whole mod is basically a "Wake up in an unknown place" except in a hospital. The story is largely absent in the mod, and you barely have any interactions with the plot, or any hints towards it. While I'd say the whole story is "resolved" at the end, the entire story was still extremely poorly executed in my opinion. This next statement may be a bit harsh, but I can't even call the occasional story bits as pacing issues since there's so little of a story to begin with. No story in a "wander around" type game like Amnesia means no motivation to really keep going unless everything besides the story is done exceptionally.

Gameplay/Puzzles: I like the addition of a few interesting gameplay mechanics such as the flashlight re-charging one. I do have to be puzzled at why there seems to be a few extra ones like a phone, and choice making at the start of the game, but later simply vanish. Did you think that they weren't worth it or something?

As for the puzzles, I think you should've given the player a bit more hints, and nudges as to where such things you need might be located so they aren't lost all the time. Also you should say outright in the mementos, or item description where exactly this goes if the "player character" knows it instead of saying it goes to the one in "this room". If the player leaves to go do something else he/she might forget.

My personal experience with this was the "screwdriver fixing the sensor" puzzle. Before I acquired the screwdriver, I already triggered the memento for fixing the sensor very early in the game. It was much later in the game that I actually reached a point that I HAD to fix it, and by that time when I found the screwdriver, I had no idea what I was supposed to do with it. I only solved the problem by opening up the mod's script in Notepad++

Technical Issues: Mostly none, but I did run into a game crash at the part where you use the "lockpick" to acquire the "backdoor key"

Verdict: A lot of interesting settings, and new gameplay mechanics is brought down by confusing gameplay as well as a poor execution of story. 6.5/10

-
That's a fai reply Kreekakon.
i did my extreme best but too bad it didnt really goes to the peoples interests..
i do not think a lot of people know how difficult this is to build!
the storyline goes as it is..
i didnt want to spoil too much but here is it..

-
the character was treated a couple of years ago in that hospital,
he wanted to leave, cause of all the pain he gained from pills\and from the love of his life { the voice character }
She is an employee of the hospital and she knew you were leaving so she gave a lot of medicins so you weren't able to leave..
but you did finally..
you were home and in the intro it explanes you are BACK!
why and who... you hear later in the game..
about the true\lie...
i didnt know this was so good..
well.... it gave some problems with the huds,...
too bad the rate is so low...
i am sorry!
ohh btw.. ROBZOSPRONG..
a 3 on moddb??
are you for real>???
do you even know how difficult this is?
just a question? open the maps in editor maybe you change your mind }
over 8000 script lines...
it's just ... you porbly havent finished it...
ALL THIS WORDS ARE NOT TO ARGUE!!!
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 04:56 PM by DnALANGE.)
02-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

No, dnalange, I know pretty much what the story was about; I just thought that it wasn't executed in the best way. Thanks for the extra info though.

Also, I have to massively disagree with what you're saying there dnalange. Just because a mod is hard to build, and/or the users who decide to play it might not have experience on how to make such a mod it does not deprive them of the right to criticize a piece of work in its more sub-standard aspects. That's like saying you can't say food from a restaurant is disgusting, because the chefs worked so hard on it, and the consumer doesn't know how to cook, and "appreciate" it.

Also, this may be a bit beside the point, but I know for a fact that Robosprog is a very talented custom story maker himself, and definitely knows how hard it is to make such large stories. I agree that he should've finished playing it before dishing out the final rating, but still.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 05:08 PM by Kreekakon.)
02-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Find