Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average
Mental memorial - Full Conversion *-RELEASED-*
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Mental memorial - Full Conversion *-RELEASED-*

(02-10-2013, 05:06 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: No, dnalange, I know pretty much what the story was about; I just thought that it wasn't executed in the best way. Thanks for the extra info though.

Also, I have to massively disagree with what you're saying there dnalange. Just because a mod is hard to build, and/or the users who decide to play it might not have experience on how to make such a mod it does not deprive them of the right to criticize a piece of work in its more sub-standard aspects. That's like saying you can't say food from a restaurant is disgusting, because the chefs worked so hard on it, and the consumer doesn't know how to cook, and "appreciate" it.

Also, this may be a bit beside the point, but I know for a fact that Robosprog is a very talented custom story maker himself, and definitely knows how hard it is to make such large stories. I agree that he should've finished playing it before dishing out the final rating, but still.

yeah.. it would be nice if he finished it..
and i didnt critisised him on his mod..
and again.. he may say everything like i said in before post..
this is my last mod. i hope other people will enjoy it..
this was extremely difficult to build.. people dont really understand..{ some }
all floors every inverement must be exact the same.. and NONliniear cs is also very difficult to build..
i like critism.. it's good!
but rating a 3 before finishing a mod is not very kind.
From here on i stop complaining and stop arguing { cause people are going to say i am Tongue hehhee }
02-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(02-10-2013, 05:23 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Just saying, I update regularly with moddb scores on very big custom stories such as this one - it may become a 10 or 9 in future. This is my score as of right now, though.

Are you freaking kidding me, you should finish this mod first then judge it!

It's really stupid to rate it so low if you are only played couple levels or half a way -.-

“Life is a game, play it”
02-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

(02-10-2013, 08:32 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(02-10-2013, 05:23 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Just saying, I update regularly with moddb scores on very big custom stories such as this one - it may become a 10 or 9 in future. This is my score as of right now, though.

It's really stupid to rate it so low if you are only played couple levels or half a way -.-

Now now, let's not start a ruckus here again...

Let him do his thing - you do your thing.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 08:35 PM by SonOfLiberty796.)
02-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(02-10-2013, 08:34 PM)ComputerFreak796 Wrote:

Yeah, but I have to defend dnalange this time because it's not so fair to give low ratings like this.. but yeah some people's are just too harsh and we have to deal with them and get over with.

Don't worry I'm over that. No hard feelings everyone, just saying.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 08:40 PM by HumiliatioN.)
02-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

I need help, I'm stuck.
Spoiler below!
I found meat and I am suppose to give the bone to the man's dog, but I can't find a way to get the meat off, can you help me?

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(02-10-2013, 08:51 PM)Robosprog Wrote: You give him say, a 9 at the end he'll think mod was great and only a couple of things need improving, whilst it may not be the case.
Well, that's why score systems are sometimes not entirely reliable, and why we have written reviews. Just do one of those.

And plus, unless he regularly checks what updates you've made to your score, he has no way of knowing how it has changed. Even if he did he would have no idea on what basis it changed. Either way you would still have to dish out a detailed written review to get your point across.

EDIT: @dabro:

Spoiler below!
This is slight plot-related, but there's a room on the same floor with a lot of blood, and boddy parts. In one of the sinks there's one filled fill liquid. Use it to melt away the meat.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 09:03 PM by Kreekakon.)
02-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

(02-10-2013, 08:57 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: EDIT: @dabro:

Spoiler below!
This is slight plot-related, but there's a room on the same floor with a lot of blood, and boddy parts. In one of the sinks there's one filled fill liquid. Use it to melt away the meat.

Ok, thanks.

02-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(02-10-2013, 08:51 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(02-10-2013, 08:39 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(02-10-2013, 08:34 PM)ComputerFreak796 Wrote:

Yeah, but I have to defend dnalange this time because it's not so fair to give low ratings like this.. but yeah some people's are just too harsh and we have to deal with them and get over with.

Don't worry I'm over that. No hard feelings everyone, just saying.

As I said, I update as I play along a mod - you give your overall view of the mod which is great, but at the same time they don't know which bits of gameplay to improve upon, if you had a game that had the greatest ending ever made, but the worst beginning that would be a mediocre game, but could be made great through a better beginning, and viewing stuff in retrospect can give a different view of the mod's beginning. This way, I can give him a 3, then a 6 maybe in middle and let's say a 7 at end, then he knows he needs to have a better beginning. You give him say, a 9 at the end he'll think mod was great and only a couple of things need improving, whilst it may not be the case.

Umh okay but, you still see why I was harsh for you at the begin, but yeah I get it you have different way to judge him or rate this mod. It's fine, but still in my opinion pretty confusing.

02-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Just finished it and I have to say it was really good. I haven't played to many Full Conversion, but out of the ones I have played this one is in my top 3. 9/10

02-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(02-10-2013, 09:36 PM)dabro Wrote: Just finished it and I have to say it was really good. I haven't played to many Full Conversion, but out of the ones I have played this one is in my top 3. 9/10

Thank you!
I am very happy you enjoyed it Mister!
I hope more people will like this a lot!
02-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Find