Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
Amnesia: Rain - Full Release
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Amnesia: Rain - Full Release

Did you click on the far right of the barricade to unlock it? The simple mechanism is just the little switch found on the barricade.

Also, have you installed both patches and in the correct order?

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
02-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Find
Jahffax Offline

Threads: 1

(02-25-2013, 03:00 PM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: Did you click on the far right of the barricade to unlock it? The simple mechanism is just the little switch found on the barricade.

Also, have you installed both patches and in the correct order?

Oh, I have installed only the secondary patch.. I will install then both again. Maybe it will work then.

EDIT: I solved it and sent PM to you about it!
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM by Jahffax.)
02-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Tried chapter 1 again, still couldn't find the key lol! Time to try again, and leave no stone unturned this time!
..Any hints? Tongue
EDIT: Nevermind, found it, hehe.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013, 06:03 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
02-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Okay, so I've played it again, gonna try uploading the entire thing in one go.
Also, I'd like to take another guess at the storyline.
Spoiler below!

So obviously there are two worlds, the one in the dungeon and castle, and the world with the mansion. I can see how some rooms are the same, like the dirty dinner room with the dead pig is the same as the one in the mansion. And when you locked up father Wilhelm in the nightmare, you locked up Ulrich (or whoever that demon was) in the mansion.
I think the dungeon/castle is the nightmare, and the mansion is the real life? Maybe the person keeps having these nightmares about being locked up in a castle, and then decides to commit suicide because he can't handle the nightmares anymore.

I still don't quite understand the name, 'rain'.

Oh and one of your friends is a vegetarian smartass, one has a fetish for cleaning, and one likes to make music, even though he's skeptical about his own creations?

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
02-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I just took the time to beat this after I was stuck at the Water Monster part in the storage for so long haha.

Alright then it's review time!!

Mapping: Mostly I think this is really well done. There are tons of interesting, and fresh environments which is nice considering you only used the original assets. There are a handful of mapping errors here, and there such as billboard problems, skybox leaking through planes, etc. Nothing too serious though!

Atmosphere/Scares: The atmosphere is done very well, and is the main thing carrying the "horror" of this mod. It's further achieved by some scary sequences which are amplified even more with creative gameplay happenings.

Puzzles/Gameplay: For me I think the puzzles are for the most part done very well. Many of them are purposely left vague as to how to solve them, and while you may be stuck on them for a bit they are by no means unsolvable which means you'll feel great when you finally do it.

There are a few which I think are "too" vague though such as the boss battle which I think may have been too unclear on how to beat. There are also a few sections of the game which may just be a bit too difficult which can take you out of the game, such as the water monster part.

I also really like the addition of relics as an optional collectible. I only found two though haha.

Story: This was obviously left purposely vague, and I think for what it's worth it achieves what it set out to achieve quite well.

This may be a personal preference though, but I think it was TOO vague. I mostly enjoy stories which have their main focus very fleshed out, and clear by the end with only side plot-aspects being vague if the creator wants something like that in the story. In my opinion, if even the main plotline is too vague it can sometimes leave the player without a sense of clarity when they finally finish the game leaving them unsatisfied.

Also here's how I interpreted the plot:

Spoiler below!
The player is trapped inside his state of mind which manifests itself as a castle which is constantly changing, and impossible to escape from. He created Ulrich as a means of motivating himself forward in what seems a hopeless environment. He then decides to end his torment by committing suicide.

I have no idea who the Father is supposed to be though...

Verdict: Very creative mapping, scares, and overall gameplay makes this a stellar experience which may suffer just a small bit from its plot being a bit too vague 8.8/10

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Find
amnesiapuzzles Offline

Threads: 3

(02-21-2013, 02:26 PM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: So does anyone want to have a shot at explaining it?

Spoiler below!
Ulrich is the prison and the torture chamber overseer. Our protagonist is one of the prisoners, tortured and 'worked up into a real frenzy', by Ulrich. (It doesn't necessarily mean WE ARE BAD, we might have been sent to prison unfairly and we're actually innocent) So, we get mad and force an amnesia potion to Ulrich, and we turn the tables on him. He's left alone in his prison cell, but he has some vague memories of his past, like the location of the Northern Cells key. He leaves notes around, as he tries to escape the castle. Finally, he gets to his own room, but, followed by us, gets killed. Even if we felt the revenge was spot on in the first place, the feeling of guilt overwhelms us and, finally, we hang ourselves, which is our salvation.

The Mansion locations seem impractical (every room is preceded and followed by a corridor, linear gameplay) and illogical, the rooms that appear in Chapter 3 are brief visualisations of what the actual Mansion would look like. The previous Chapters seem real, but we encounter flashbacks, after which the locations change (the debris are removed) so I'm not sure about it.

I also have some other ideas, like:

Spoiler below!
- we are Father Wilhelm, we got possessed by a demon and killed Ulrich the overseer in his room, performing some kind of a ritual, and now we cannot handle this guilt
- Ulrich is our protagonist's alter ego, (more like, we have multiple identity disorder) and we read our own notes throughout the story (they reflect our protagonist's state of mind, Ulrich also gets depressed and hopeless about himself getting out of the castle)
- we are Ulrich. We're in comma (or maybe purgatory?) and we try to find out where we are, and how to escape the castle. In the end it turns out, that for all this time, we've been the overseer who would torture many people and who couldn't stand it any longer because of guilt. Seeing our own body dead on the bed, there's nothing left to do but to commit suicide, as we're just a soul/ghost, who has to... move on.

At least, I've tried Big Grin

[Image: 3oEdvcwX9X7YAkkxfW.gif]
02-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Find
NotchsNemisis Offline

Threads: 2

Great PewDie is playing it! So much for my let's play of it...but it's really good so far!

[Image: BfSGADk.gif]
02-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Here's my version Smile

Hope you like it!

03-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Find
samsonmillward Offline

Threads: 0

this is an amazing custom story: the best I've played but im stuck in the kitchen (neither of the doors will open) and whilst i was looking around trying to find a key to get out I slipped down the back of a wall and am now stuck in the wall?
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-22-2013, 01:33 PM)CranstonofBoston Wrote: NOt bad at al!!!!!!!!!! I mean, it's not a full conversion or anything, but it's still goooodd!!!

Just because it's a full conversion does not mean it has to be better than any regular custom story...
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM by Tiger.)
03-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Find