Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PS4 Revealed
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: PS4 Revealed

Interesting.... I love the PS3's controller, fits in my hands perfectly. I could never use a 360 controller, they were always too big (I have very small hands). Plus I used to play PS1 and PS2 games a hell of a lot as a kid and just grew attached to the design. As for the new design for the PS4, not sure.

Some games are better played with controller is a good point. Team Fortress 2 seems easy enough without though, and can't you connect a controller to play PC games anyway?

[Image: luv.gif]
02-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

If the new Xbox can't play unused games without buying some sort of pass, I wonder how much it will cost... I'll give bonus for Sony not banning the ability to play used games.

02-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: 1. Requires little maintenance on keeping an eye that hardware/software is up to date, thus easier gaming even if it means less customization.

2. Console exclusives

3. Some games just are better suited to be controlled with a controller on consoles. I've felt this with many PC ports that have games that are obviously designed to be played with a controller. Sometimes it's not even because of poor porting, it's just how the game was made in the first place.
I fully agree with 1, but 3 isn't really a convincing argument I think. You can easily play PC games with a controller, too, if you want. In fact, you could even connect your PC to your TV, get a long USB cable or a wireless controller and play from the couch to perfectly emulate that "console feeling" Big Grin

As for 2... well of course there are console exclusive titles that make having a console worth it. My all-times-can't-live-without-it-favourite game is on PS3. But if consoles didn't exist, neither would console exclusive titles, now would they? So while it's indeed an argument for buying a console, it doesn't support the reasoning behind their existence. Wink
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013, 11:58 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Spoiler below!
(02-21-2013, 07:53 PM)the dark side Wrote: its on Arstechina, Kotaku, 4gamerz (dont normally use them, but they got my respect for savaging colonial marines...) yahoo gaming and gamesradar.

All state that the PS4 uses the Same DRM system as Xbox720, wich has been confirmed already by Arstechinca, The Escapist, and Kotaku to be "Always On", meaning your games wont work at all if the internet goes down, requires a passcode, wich is single use, full price new game only, for the game to even work, wich means you cannot rent or buy games second hand, and has been co-developed by Electronic Arts, wich means it probably wont be very reliable. and that you have to pay money via micro-transaction for patches! wich is not good when you consider the average "AAA" game gets patched 5 times in a month because they have more bugs than kenya!

all you need to do is read the bit were it says "the same DRM system as xbox720" and then check the article on the 720s DRM. Draw your own conclusions people.

also, on a personal note, there are rumours the next gen games will be social Multiplayer only with no singleplayer, wich means i couldnt play them anyway, DRM issues or no, as i cant mentally cope with MP, but for once i am putting my own issues into the drawer.. the issue is the DRM,. and the Publishers of the consoles, and the games, FLEECING gamers..

its not acceptable to make people pay for patches, leave them unable to play the game if there internet goes down, wich it can do very frequently in the rurals!, and prevent people from buying games second hand, wich can be the only way some people can get games at all! or even RENT the games, something that becomes more important during "competitition" months, when greedy companies speed out some pretty awfull games, like colonial marines (and im not saying its bad on bias, pretty much the whole gaming world admits gearbox screwed up! AGAIN!) to try and earn a fast buck.

its disgusting, fleecing your customers is not acceptable! it should be "whats the best game i can make for you", not "how much can i fleece you for". its not right.

i KNOW people here dont like me, but i BEG of you, for the good of THE GAMES INDUSTRY! put your bias against me to one side. read the articles, and BOYCOTT the next generation of consoles, or gaming will end up as just a great big Fleecing pit! and i dont think anyone, CR52Y L337157, casual user, newcomer, or hardcore games lover alike, wants that to happen.

Make your stand people, Please, show these greedy megacorps we will not stand for being Fleeced, or gaming, as a Universal Hobby, open to all people with all wallet sizes, has had it! and be open only to rich kids who can afford new games at 8o pounds a pop, all the patches and DLC, and the most reliable internet. the Wrong sort of elitism!

no renting, no second hand games, no games at all if the internet goes down, having to PAY to fix bugs and glitches? is that really the future of gaming you want? well, unless we, the GAMERS do something, thats the one we are going to get.

this, for once is not a rant, its a plea, for gaming, as our one, uniting hobby is in danger of becoming corrupted by greedy megacorps even more than it is now, into a fleecing pit.

please people, stop it from happening.

Take your pills before you go off the deep end.

(02-24-2013, 04:34 PM)Scraper Wrote: If the new Xbox can't play unused games without buying some sort of pass, I wonder how much it will cost... I'll give bonus for Sony not banning the ability to play used games.

Don't buy into the rumors. Microsoft is wise enough to know they would be screwing themselves over if they even tried to do that.
____

For those of you cheering for the next gen. consoles you are also cheering "Hooray! death to PC gaming and games such as Amnesia and Penumbra! Yay!"

In other news... Sony welcomes you to the future!!!

Spoiler below!
[Image: qmm3OPU.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013, 01:56 AM by darkely.)
02-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(02-25-2013, 12:31 AM)darkely Wrote: Don't buy into the rumors. Microsoft is wise enough to know they would be screwing themselves over if they even tried to do that.
Haha, if I had a penny for every time Microsoft didn't do something that wasn't royally fucked, or royally fucked their customers.

The mass of all the pennies would spontaneously make Big Bang 2. (Dr. Who doesn't count.)
02-25-2013, 05:44 AM
Find