Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Entity to Item?
Grimm The Grand Basset Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Entity to Item?

(02-24-2013, 11:14 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
SubItemTypeName - tongs
Really? Use another SubItemTypeName, maybe it will work.

And also, the correct one is
SubItemTypeName = NAME
Use a = not a -. Maybe.

That SubItemTypeName - Tongs was not in the Model Editor. I just wrote my settings in to the message, so I had to use something to separate the name of the setting and the setting itself. In the ModelEditor there is a box where to write the name. Wait.. Should I put the = inside the box, before name? And, yes, I renamed it to CustomTongs.

I also tried to rename the whole entity into the CustomTongs. I set it in the Level Editor, saved, closed and went to Amnesia, but now the whole item is missing. I add a screenshot from the game.

Attached Files
.jpg   Amnesia4.jpg (Size: 316.71 KB / Downloads: 126)
02-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-24-2013, 11:33 AM)Grimm The Grand Basset Wrote:
(02-24-2013, 11:14 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
SubItemTypeName - tongs
Really? Use another SubItemTypeName, maybe it will work.

And also, the correct one is
SubItemTypeName = NAME
Use a = not a -. Maybe.

That SubItemTypeName - Tongs was not in the Model Editor. I just wrote my settings in to the message, so I had to use something to separate the name of the setting and the setting itself. In the ModelEditor there is a box where to write the name. Wait.. Should I put the = inside the box, before name? And, yes, I renamed it to CustomTongs.

I also tried to rename the whole entity into the CustomTongs. I set it in the Level Editor, saved, closed and went to Amnesia, but now the whole item is missing. I add a screenshot from the game.
JUST CHANGE THE SUBITEMTYPENAME.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Find

Fine, fine. Please, don't yell at me. I may be stupid, but I try to follow your advice. You can see in the screenshot that I have changed SubItemTypeName-field. Tongs appear in the surface, but can not be interacted with. I also tried couple of more names, but with no success.

I understand that newbie like me with newbie problems can be irritating in the eyes of more experienced users, but I'm not irritating on purpose. I'm just glad someone has time to try to help me.

Attached Files
.jpg   Amnesia5.jpg (Size: 114.84 KB / Downloads: 123)
02-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(02-24-2013, 12:30 PM)Grimm The Grand Basset Wrote: Fine, fine. Please, don't yell at me. I may be stupid, but I try to follow your advice. You can see in the screenshot that I have changed SubItemTypeName-field. Tongs appear in the surface, but can not be interacted with. I also tried couple of more names, but with no success.

I understand that newbie like me with newbie problems can be irritating in the eyes of more experienced users, but I'm not irritating on purpose. I'm just glad someone has time to try to help me.
Oops, i forgot caps lock is on. Sorry Undecided Anyways, change the TempVar to 1. Maybe it will work?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
02-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Find

Nah, it's fine. Just got scared for a minute. ^^' But, no, it didn't work. I'm starting to think that maybe it's not in the settings, but someway in my computer and editors them self. As I mentioned, for example my custom floors keep disappearing without clear reason. In addition ModelViewer won't open and Mapviewer crashes regularly. I use Windows 7, but have tried to use all the editors in compatibility-mode for Windows XP. And use them as administrator. Well, don't know if there is any connection, but it just came to mind..

I just took a look in the Amnesias own entities-folder, and there is much more files than just .ent file. Should my entity have them too to be able to work?
02-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(02-24-2013, 01:06 PM)Grimm The Grand Basset Wrote: Nah, it's fine. Just got scared for a minute. ^^' But, no, it didn't work. I'm starting to think that maybe it's not in the settings, but someway in my computer and editors them self. As I mentioned, for example my custom floors keep disappearing without clear reason. In addition ModelViewer won't open and Mapviewer crashes regularly. I use Windows 7, but have tried to use all the editors in compatibility-mode for Windows XP. And use them as administrator. Well, don't know if there is any connection, but it just came to mind..

I just took a look in the Amnesias own entities-folder, and there is much more files than just .ent file. Should my entity have them too to be able to work?
Why would you set it in a Compatibility Mode?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Find

(02-24-2013, 03:23 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Why would you set it in a Compatibility Mode?

Well, I have had this computer for quite some time, and it seems like everything which won't work works on compatibility mode, or at least tries harder. I switched it off about an hour ago, edited my map and tried again with Amnesia, but everything was as before. It's now off, but per example my floors disappeared AGAIN... -.- Maybe I just can't use custom textures. There is no point to edit every single floor over and over again.
02-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

(02-24-2013, 05:58 PM)Grimm The Grand Basset Wrote:
(02-24-2013, 03:23 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Why would you set it in a Compatibility Mode?

Well, I have had this computer for quite some time, and it seems like everything which won't work works on compatibility mode, or at least tries harder. I switched it off about an hour ago, edited my map and tried again with Amnesia, but everything was as before. It's now off, but per example my floors disappeared AGAIN... -.- Maybe I just can't use custom textures. There is no point to edit every single floor over and over again.

Delete any .map_cache files in your map folder. Also, add the custom_stories directory in your resources.cfg which is located in the root directory for Amnesia.

EDIT: I created a tongs item and it works fine for me. I can pick it up and it goes in my inventory. If you want to download it, click here. (make sure to change the image file for it Smile)

In Ruins [WIP]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013, 06:28 PM by NaxEla.)
02-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Find

(02-24-2013, 06:08 PM)NaxEla Wrote: Delete any .map_cache files in your map folder. Also, add the custom_stories directory in your resources.cfg which is located in the root directory for Amnesia.

EDIT: I created a tongs item and it works fine for me. I can pick it up and it goes in my inventory. If you want to download it, click here. (make sure to change the image file for it Smile)

I added

<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" />

to my resources.cfg. My floor DID NOT DISAPPEAR! It's still there! I opened and closed my LevelEditor about five times just to see it's in place.

AND the tongs you make work like magic! I don't know how you did it, but I can pick them up! Ou my.. I'm so happy right now, I was ready to abandon the puzzle I was making, and now I don't have to! Thank you, thank you so much! I'm forever grateful to you, literally.

Wow... I think I have never used so much exclamation marks in my whole life. But now I can move on with my custom story, and with this amount of enthusiasm, I think I will work on it whole night. (It's 9pm in here.)

I'm jumping with joy. Thank you!
02-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

Haha Tongue No problem, man

In Ruins [WIP]
02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Find