Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove tinderbox "counter"
Akos115 Offline

Threads: 14
Remove tinderbox "counter"

When the player moves the crosshair over a torch, a tinderbox image, and a counter (for example x2) appears. Is it possible to remove the counter?

02-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Remove tinderbox "counter"

I don't think so Smile Pretty much hardcoded into the lamp-entities

Trying is the first step to success.
02-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Find
Akos115 Offline

I think it's possible Tongue
If they added it, I just have to remove it, but I don't know how >.<

02-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Amnesia isn't as flexible as other moddable games... I read somewhere that the whole Custom Story functionality was pretty much a last-minute addition - one they never expected to become as popular with the fans as it eventually did. So a lot of stuff that seems easy to do in theory just isn't possible, because the code that would need to be changed simply isn't accessible to us.

You might be able to do some sort of work-around though... I guess you could maybe replace the texture with a completely transparent one so it's invisible? Dunno how you'd get rid of the text though. In any case, I highly suspect you'd need to do a full conversion for this...
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
02-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Not entirely sure what you mean here. Do you mean you want to not to be able to interact with the lamps, or still be able to light them while not seeing the counter?

For the former, it's actually it's rather simple to achieve this. There are several methods without using a full conversion.

1. Use the Model Editor to change user defined variables of the lamp, and make it something to your liking.
2. Put a blockbox around the lamp.
3. Use the script function "SetEntityInteractionDisabled" for the lamp.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
02-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Find
ZeroPie Offline

Threads: 2

(02-26-2013, 07:06 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Not entirely sure what you mean here. Do you mean you want to not to be able to interact with the lamps, or still be able to light them while not seeing the counter?

For the former, it's actually it's rather simple to achieve this. There are several methods without using a full conversion.

1. Use the Model Editor to change user defined variables of the lamp, and make it something to your liking.
2. Put a blockbox around the lamp.
3. Use the script function "SetEntityInteractionDisabled" for the lamp.

Yeah there are alot of different work-arounds, you just gotta be a little creative. Tongue
Although I am kinda hoping that AAMFP will feature more things for modders and CS makers.
02-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Find
Akos115 Offline

I know I will need a full conversion, actually thats what I'm making.
I know how to get rid of the texture (graphics/inventory), but I only want to remove the counter.

The lamps have to be litable, I will keep looking the codes, it will take a while ._.

02-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Have you tried using a LookAt callback that removes the cursor when looking at the entity? Full conversion wouldn't be required for that.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-27-2013, 01:11 AM
Website Find
Akos115 Offline

Good idea, but I think I got a better one. Smile
I will remove all the numbers and the letter "x" from the font that is used for the counter.

02-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Would this work?... You sound like you're taking the harder, unnecessary approach.

void ShowPlayerCrossHairIcons(bool abX);

Enables/Disables the icons when a player has something in focus.

FG used this in the beginning and in flashbacks. you can still interact with things, but your crosshair is invisible. Do what Your Computer said and use this in a callback placed on the lamp.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 08:06 AM by Statyk.)
03-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Find