Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Models with custom textures not showing up in level editor
MrDosht Offline

Threads: 8
Models with custom textures not showing up in level editor

Hi all, after reading through as many articles as I could find on this subject, mainly yasars and the wiki page on this subject I found that I still had an annoying problem. After what I hope is correctly uv mapping the texture and all that onto a default dungeon wall in blender I then saved this as a blender file and exported it as a collada .dae file, both of these files were saved in the same location as the textures that they have on them. When I try to place them in the level editor however, they do not appear even though I am able to select them and it says that the map has been modified after I place the invisible wall, the object also doesn't appear in the preview part of the level editor that shows you what you have currently selected and the oUtline of the shape appears of the mouse cursor by quite a bit. I understand that I may have just simply overlooked a crucial aspect of something or simply made a crucial mistake. But either way I hope that someone may be able to help me, hopefully Big Grin

"Computers follow your orders not your intentions"- Anon
02-26-2013, 10:48 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Models with custom textures not showing up in level editor

Have you looked at it through the ModelView or ModelEditor? That would help tell you that you have a problem...

Here go to this link with instructions (3rd post down) I made a couple of days ago for another person...

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20484.html

jump down to the part with the green text.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 11:26 PM by Rapture.)
02-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Have you exported them with Material textures and UvMapping? When you click the export option, there are exporting checking boxes. Tick these or textures won't appear.

Also, delete .map_cache. Just in case.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Double-check that not only are the .dae file and the dds. files in the same folder, but that at least your diffuse .dds is actually applied to the model in Blender before you export. When exporting, COLLADA needs to find a texture on the model, otherwise textures won't appear on it later on and it will be invisible.

If that still doesn't help, check if you have flipped normals. Polygons appear two-sided in Blender's viewport, but in hpl they are invisble if you see them from the wrong side. Big Grin
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Find