Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A Late Night Drink
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: A Late Night Drink

(03-06-2013, 04:50 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Billboard is too bright! Tone it down a bit. And the billboard looks a bit big. Make sure the offset or size is not too big. And what you're saying if Player collided with this area, stuff happens and if Player does not, other things happen?

Nah, what I'm saying is that when a player collides with an area (or anything else happens to trigger the script) the script checks if a condition is filled (such as you having an item in your inventory, a puzzle being completed, a door being open, or a bunch of other possibilities) and if that condition is filled it does something. From what I've read, you can also put an "else" in there somewhere for it to do something if the condition is not filled, but I've just been leaving the else part out since any time I've used an if statement I've wanted nothing to happen if a condition isn't filled. Although I'm pretty sure you can get the effect you mentioned by making the "if" statement look for if you're currently collided with an object. Though I dunno if collision is a constant thingy that can be checked by other bits of script. I'll have to look into that. I only started learning scripting a few weeks ago so I'm still new to all this. I think I'm progressing pretty fast though.

Thanks on the billboard. I'm still tinkering with good colors and stuff. Oh and it's not too big, there's just 4 of them lol. I wanted it to look like a separate ray of light was going through each part of the window but it all just bleeds together. Smile

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013, 06:37 AM by DeAngelo.)
03-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

when i hit download it says that the link is broken... hmmm

03-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-06-2013, 06:36 AM)DeAngelo Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 04:50 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Billboard is too bright! Tone it down a bit. And the billboard looks a bit big. Make sure the offset or size is not too big. And what you're saying if Player collided with this area, stuff happens and if Player does not, other things happen?

Nah, what I'm saying is that when a player collides with an area (or anything else happens to trigger the script) the script checks if a condition is filled (such as you having an item in your inventory, a puzzle being completed, a door being open, or a bunch of other possibilities) and if that condition is filled it does something. From what I've read, you can also put an "else" in there somewhere for it to do something if the condition is not filled, but I've just been leaving the else part out since any time I've used an if statement I've wanted nothing to happen if a condition isn't filled. Although I'm pretty sure you can get the effect you mentioned by making the "if" statement look for if you're currently collided with an object. Though I dunno if collision is a constant thingy that can be checked by other bits of script. I'll have to look into that. I only started learning scripting a few weeks ago so I'm still new to all this. I think I'm progressing pretty fast though.

Thanks on the billboard. I'm still tinkering with good colors and stuff. Oh and it's not too big, there's just 4 of them lol. I wanted it to look like a separate ray of light was going through each part of the window but it all just bleeds together. Smile

If Player is still colliding with an area, another function can check it. Ever wonder about the int alState sentence in your script? int alState means integer alState. EX:

if (alState == 1 )
{
//(KILLPLAYERSCRIPT)
}
if (alState == -1)
{
//Do Nothing.
}
-1 = Player IS NOT colliding with scriptarea
1 = Player is colliding with scriptarea
(NOTE: I've never use this. I'm currently learning about it.)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013, 07:21 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
03-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-06-2013, 07:03 AM)WIWWM Wrote: when i hit download it says that the link is broken... hmmm

Odd, everyone else is able to download it. I just tried the link and it works. You could PM me your email and I'll send it as an attachment.

03-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(03-06-2013, 07:40 AM)DeAngelo Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 07:03 AM)WIWWM Wrote: when i hit download it says that the link is broken... hmmm

Odd, everyone else is able to download it. I just tried the link and it works. You could PM me your email and I'll send it as an attachment.

My post up there, buddy. If you want to, i could give you improvements on how to make this story a serious one, not a joke.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
03-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-06-2013, 07:41 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

My post up there, buddy. If you want to, i could give you improvements on how to make this story a serious one, not a joke.

I'm still just wondering what a bool is. Maybe I should look that up.

03-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(03-06-2013, 08:05 AM)DeAngelo Wrote:

Quote:Bool - used to represent Boolean values (truth values); can represent only two values, either true or false.
Source(s):
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...uide/types

"Veni, vidi, vici."
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013, 08:16 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
03-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-06-2013, 08:16 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 08:05 AM)DeAngelo Wrote:

Quote:Bool - used to represent Boolean values (truth values); can represent only two values, either true or false.
Source(s):
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...uide/types
Oh, sorry I wasn't clear. I meant I didn't know why the word "bool" even existed in the first place. I'd never heard of that word until starting this stuff, whereas all the other words (Entity, state, if, switch, etc) I'd heard of. I looked it up and it's named after a mathematician named George Boole who invented the mathematical true/false statements. I like learning Smile

03-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Your download link is broken Sad
If you get it fixed, I'd love to play your CS Big Grin

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
03-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-09-2013, 07:25 PM)Kiandra Wrote: Your download link is broken Sad
If you get it fixed, I'd love to play your CS Big Grin

Try this. http://rapidshare.com/files/1690336037/L...0Drink.rar

I have no idea why the mediafire link works for some and not for others. Weird.

03-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Find