Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!!
fiskarbengtson Offline

Threads: 0
Amnesia Multiplayer

Hi!

If you ever release a new "Horror" game like Amnesia & Penumbra, Please Make a Multiplayer feature!
So 1 - 4 or 1 - 2 Players can survive Together! I know, this makes the game less scary, But it would be great with Split-Up puzzles, so everyone has to split up and search for clues in different parts of the castle / cellar or whatever.

I love amnesia Singleplayer and i think i´ve played through all maps i ever heard about, But i´am pretty tired of playing alone, it would be great to have someone to survive with. Like your Daniel and Justine or something d;

Just wanted to write this here and see if someone agrees with me. Thanks (;
09-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Find
UnseenLegend ( NL ) Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer

A bit agree but i think won't succes

[Image: read-image.asp?n=n-20121202110321-m.jpg&r=8]
09-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I think multiplayer would break immersion.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/k9...he/c2imbhu

"No co-op for next game."

Sorry, multiplayer is not happening in the next game, although they are interested in exploring it in the future. The machinations on how to story-tell and evoke emotions in a multiplayer coop game are completely different than what they're currently going for/working on.
09-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

[Image: 1429754-1253930_this_thread_again_super_super.jpg]
09-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Website Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

^ that.....theres an object called a search button people, use it

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
Photo  My Next Custom Story

I am about halfway through my current custom story, but i'd like a bit of a break from it's story. This doesn't mean the project's dead, I just want a break, like everyone doing the Teamnesia preject.

So I have a few suggestions, and I'll let you choose which one I should do! Obviously my favourite choice will influence the final decision slightly, but if one choice dominates the rest, I'll go with it.

Choices:

• Hardcore mode: I'll recreate the original Amnesia maps with rearranged puzzles, different mechanics and more dangerous monsters. I will not be changing the story at all! - This is like a 'Hard' button on any other game, just with more noticable differences. Hopefully this option will increase the playability, and the rearranged stuff will make you unable to anticipate what is coming next!
  • Survival mode: Unlike most current survival modes out there, this will be serious, with lot's of effort focusing on scripts, and monster AI. The player will not be able to hide in a closet permanantly for a couple of reasons, the most important of these is that his health is slowly draining. The map will feature a complex barricading system, a method to lock doors, and a scoring mechanism... Both barricading and locking a door will make it harder for them to break through. The player must survive by collecting laudanum which spawns throughout the map!
  • Co-op Amnesia: Yep! I know some people love the idea of co-op, and some people hate it, but this will be a never before tried way of making a custom story. Some of you may know that two or more players in one game is impossible, so I've had to design a little work-around. Two friends will start the custom story together (they must be able to communicate somehow) and they will begin a varety of puzzles together, with one person finding a note in one world, which hints to the other what they should do. If the players do not cooperate, there will be some serious consequences for both of them... Obviously there will be more to it than picking up a note, reading it et cetera, but not much more, because notes are one of the only ways to transfer information from one players world to the next.
Vote on your favourite idea above, I may or may not start it before my current story is finished. You can also vote for me to not make another story yet, and finish my current one now. If you have any more suggestions, tweaks or questions, just ask below!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2011, 06:01 PM by DRedshot.)
09-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: My Next Custom Story

I am curious as to how you would pull off the co-op one.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Website Find
DRedshot Offline

Well it's quite simple really, the basic structure will be Player 1 finds a note, which tell Player 2 to pull lever C. When lever C is pulled, a puzzle will be revealed for player 2, which tells player 2 how player 1 should advance in his puzzle. If either of the players intentionally (or unintentionally) lie to the other player, there will be consequences.

It's important that people should know that you will not be able to see each other, you will each be in your own map, but you must have two players to solve the puzzles... Also, you should know that it is not story orientated, but the story will have a bit of a "saw" feel where the player reads a note which hints at the solution for the other player, and so on.

If this gets the most votes, i will probably release an early demo so I get any feedback for whether it's good or bad

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011, 02:28 PM by DRedshot.)
09-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Haha, this never exactly got the response i'd have liked... Could someone please transfer it across to Showcase, i think it will get a better response there, Cheers! Smile

09-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Find