Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "I almost died" thread
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: The "I almost died" thread

(03-27-2013, 12:25 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: I was attacked by a homeless guy with a knife last night.
Results (Warning, not sure if this counts as gore.)
Spoiler below!

[Image: WjmabX3.jpg]

Shit man, you need to tell me more about this! CANADA. WITH A VIOLENT HOMELESS MAN?
03-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-27-2013, 12:25 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: I was attacked by a homeless guy with a knife last night.
Spoiler below!

Are you ok? Unless you're deeply traumatized, you should tell us the story!
03-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I don't know of this counts.
When i was in... what comes before kindergarten in English, the adults didn't know how to treat eggs in food (apparently) and i got the salmonella poisoning. I don't remember anything, but my parents told me that I was crying a lot of the time.

Once I stopped in the middle of the road to check out some bug that was lying there... HOOOOONK, I turned my head quickly and a car is heading towards me. I run to the other side... Nothing more...

Once I was going home from school, in seventh grade (I think), in the schoolbus.
There was this specific part of the road that i was particulary scared of, because it seemed dangerous... Turned out, it was too.
It looks like this:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 2qxt47p.png]

So what happens is that the road is small, and from the other side (Which you cannot see because of the trees) a tractor comes. The tractor is lifting some hay, and probably has problems watching the road... I remember turning my head, when the busdriver started screaming: "NOO, NOOOOOOOO", in fear, and quickly (as I am), i turned my side against the seat in front of me, so that when SMASH(!) the bus and the tractor collided, i was only pushed against the surface. When we got out the whole front of the bus was smashed, but the driver was in safe condition (physically). I saw others who hadn't been quick enough and had hit their head against something metal or wood.
But hey, everybody survived... I was just afraid of busses the next month or two. And eventually, the trees were cut down...

Trying is the first step to success.
03-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Spoiler below!

Pls Obliviator, u maek me cum.
03-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Shit...

As other said, we'd like to hear more about that.. If its cool with you

Was he trying to mug you ?

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-26-2013, 03:02 PM)Jinix Wrote: [...]Chased by a bear[...]
WHAT?! Where did it happened? Is it Russia? Guys, wubwub chased Jinix!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(03-27-2013, 12:41 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

poor wubwub just wanted a hug

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-27-2013, 12:50 PM)Dogfood Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 12:41 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

poor wubwub just wanted a hug

yeah. If Metro 2033 were real then i worry about wubwub.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

When I lived in Russia, I was like 4-6 years old. It was raining pretty badly and a "river" or whatever you want to call it started to flood over more and more, I don't know why but I just stood still in the middle where there was a big rock. I kind of froze there because I was scared. My friends ran away to find some hunters that would later pull me out, I almost drowned.

Hi.
03-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Website Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(03-27-2013, 12:59 AM)Tigerwaw Wrote: Are you ok? Unless you're deeply traumatized, you should tell us the story!

Not too much of a story to tell.
I was walking with one of my female friends through a ravine, along a path I normally take. People walk their dogs through there all the time, so it's not uncommon to run into someone. It was about 21:00 (9 Pm)
However, we came upon a scraggly looking man that was quite evidently homeless, as well a drunk, judging from how he spoke and how he moved about.
When we got closer, he pulled an X-Acto knife out, and demanded that I give him all the money in my wallet.

I pushed my female friend behind me, and pulled out my wallet. I showed him that I had no cash, just a few receipts. After muttering some incoherent nonsense about it being bullshit, he became a bit agitated.
He lunged at my face with the knife, but I backed up, and caught it on the chest. Luckily, the homeless dude missed my jacket, as it was open at the time, so only my shirt got messed up (I <3 my leather jacket)

I then proceeded to punch him square in the nose. I don't know how much (if any) damage I caused, but he staggered away in a hurry. I didn't pursue him, because I knew that any fast movement would cause my wound to bleed more that it already was.

We then went back to her house, where we used her first aid kit to patch myself up a fair bit. We then took a cab to the nearest hospital and I got myself sewn up.
And now I'll have a pretty awesome scar on my chest.
The wound itself is incredibly superficial. It only needs stitches due to the wound being wide. The skin in the middle of your chest is tighter than it is elsewhere, so if it gets cut, it naturally pulls apart.

So yeah. That's my story. One of those freak incidents. People be crazy, man.

03-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Find