Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you?
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you?

(04-24-2013, 09:18 PM)wubwub Wrote: many friends
Followers, right?

04-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

(04-23-2013, 07:03 PM)Vasyenka Wrote: Discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games did so much for me, ahahaha~ Not only did it get me into PC gaming, but getting into the fandom let me meet some of the most amazing people I'm proud to call my friends.

Forgive me for being all sentimental and whatnot right quick, but through this game I met with other fans, and a small group of us became close knit friends (even meeting each other offline). Even though we windup branching onto other games/fandoms, we still stick together and have Amnesia to reflect upon~ So a huge thank you to FG for that! <3

my god why do you post in red, this hurts my soul ):
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Find
Nights Offline

Threads: 0

(04-07-2013, 08:08 PM)Wooderson Wrote: Made into a obnoxious nerd who thinks he's funny on a forum.

I warn you newcomers, you'll be sorry!

It´s too late! Oh noez! Big Grin

@topic:
I love the dev's blog! It is really interesting and provides a lot of information. They helped me to see games in a different perspective. I can only write main sentences. It´s late here in germany. So anyway. Thank you for revealing your personal thoughts on topics like story telling and future of games, dear frictional games! It is inspiring to say the least.
Good night people Wink
05-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

Experiencing Amnesia had a very powerful emotional impact for me, which I could compare with reading Lovecraft's horror classics and even some Classical art like Goethe's of Shakespeare's work. It made me realize how much potential video games have and it made me see whole world of possibilities of it's development which could, in the end, easily surpass anything in the last century and maybe come close to older arts in terms of depth and quality.

All of this makes me feel like a part of the emerging movement which promises greatness, and that is for me really profound and breathtaking.

I consider the experience of Amnesia (among several other games) a very significant event in my life.
05-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(05-04-2013, 08:23 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Experiencing Amnesia had a very powerful emotional impact for me, which I could compare with reading Lovecraft's horror classics and even some Classical art like Goethe's of Shakespeare's work. It made me realize how much potential video games have and it made me see whole world of possibilities of it's development which could, in the end, easily surpass anything in the last century and maybe come close to older arts in terms of depth and quality.

All of this makes me feel like a part of the emerging movement which promises greatness, and that is for me really profound and breathtaking.

I consider the experience of Amnesia (among several other games) a very significant event in my life.

There's something brown on your nose. I think you should take care of it.
05-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

(05-05-2013, 04:50 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(05-04-2013, 08:23 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Experiencing Amnesia had a very powerful emotional impact for me, which I could compare with reading Lovecraft's horror classics and even some Classical art like Goethe's of Shakespeare's work. It made me realize how much potential video games have and it made me see whole world of possibilities of it's development which could, in the end, easily surpass anything in the last century and maybe come close to older arts in terms of depth and quality.

There's something brown on your nose. I think you should take care of it.

O really? Must have caught it by the brown stuff that sprinkles through your mouth. You really oughta do something about it, even your butt is getting jealous.
05-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Without Amnesia I'd probably be studying engineering and physics and not prototyping game engines or programming at all. Messing around modding Amnesia for however long I was doing it was a pretty big stepping stone in my life I'd say. Who can say for sure?

05-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Find
Irontech Offline

Ever since Penumbra, my wife and I cannot play anything by anyone other than Frictional without becoming terribly bored and critical... Frictional just seems to have an eye for detail. So, discovering Frictional has ruined dozens of other games for us. That's a good problem, I think.
05-11-2013, 04:56 AM
Find
cl0nec0mmand0 Offline

almost made me have a heart attack i literally saw my chest bumping out and my eyes we wiggling in their sockets at how fast my heart was beating and made me addicted to adrenaline...

scardy cat =P
05-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

Discovering Amnesia and Frictional Games has helped me significantly in understanding both my inner self and my relationship with games. Thank you FG! Smile

^(;,;)^
05-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Find