Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photoshop white color in-corrections
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Photoshop white color in-corrections

I don't know what the hell I did (I can't remember exactly when it happened, but it might of happened when I tried to re-name a layer and I didn't have the layer selected. So I used about 10 shortcuts which I have no idea to what they did.)

I'm using dual-monitors (Both show color fine, one is slightly darker than the other. Even though the gamma is set to maximum.) yet Photoshop has this hysteria that it can't read the color white properly in either monitors in PHOTOSHOP ONLY. One left monitor's white, has a light blueish tint, the other is a light yellow tint. Yet the color white is perfectly normal in every other program (Paint, IE, MW, Notepad, etc...)

In the right picture, you can see the background has a yellow tint. And the color palette at the top right also has a yellow ting where the White > Black should be.
Although I'm not sure why on the left side it's fine, but the background has a blueish tint.

(For some reason the picture doesn't show the yellow that well. But it's their.)

Spoiler below!
[Image: photoshopproblem1.png]
Full Size if for some reason the picture above doesn't want to go full screen.

I'm trying to make my spec map, but this is just irritating. :/

========
On another related note. What do I need to do if I wanted a more detailed texture? Currently it's a 1024x1024, but the texture comes out fairly blurry in Photoshop/Blender. Would a 2048x2048 make a difference, or is their something else I'm missing?
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Photoshop white color in-corrections

Go to view - Proof Setup - Monitor RGB
04-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Thanks, that's a lot better for the Drawing Space, but I still don't know why on this one particular monitor. It judges and deems some white to have a yellow/tan tint (Color Swatches), but other parts it will be perfectly white (The two color choices on the left that can swapped) in the same program.
04-11-2013, 01:18 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Used to have the same problem with my old school monitor, got a new one now and the problem ain't there anymore, don't really have a fix for you, sorry.

If you do find one let us know!
04-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Find