Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Model acts up
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13
Model acts up

I was creating that slide door closet, it looks fine in maya, but when I export it it looks really weird.
[Image: f6de6c0013.png]
That's how it looks like in Maya.

[Image: 34e36d080d.png]
That's how it looks like in Model Editor.
04-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Model acts up

Get sure that every mesh has the pivot at the center (0, 0, 0) an with 0 rotation. Then, export again.

I'm not a maya pro, so I don't know exactly what do you have to do, but I had (and have) problems with the pivot in Blender already, so I know some of these things that don't change with the programs Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

easiest way (What I always do) just combine and separate. You could also set the pivots to 0,0,0 but I find combine > separate is easier/quicker Wink
04-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

This is weird, never had that before!
Thanks alot guys Smile
04-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

Or you could just use it as a shelf Tongue

In Ruins [WIP]
04-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: easiest way (What I always do) just combine and separate. You could alsoset the pivots to 0,0,0 but I find combine > separate is easier/quicker [Image: wink.gif]
Jup, it's quick and easy but take care, those two functions cause a helluva mess in the outliner, cluttering your scene hierarchy with groups and transform nodes and whatnot. Make sure to delete your objects history and clean up the outliner afterwards for a clean and bug-free scene! Smile
Another quick way to move the pivot around is to just hit the "insert" key while in the move tool to switch to pivot-mode. You can then snap the pivot to the center of the grid by holding X for grid snap.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 12:19 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Before exporting or skinning a model to a rig, I select them and do
- Modify > Freeze Transformations
- Modify > Reset Transformations
- Edit > Delete by type > History

Then export. It sets the translation and rotation of the model to 0, 0, 0, and scale to 1, 1, 1, while putting all mesh manipulators/pivots to the center of the grid. Nice, clean mesh ready for export =]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 06:38 AM by Statyk.)
04-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

(04-20-2013, 12:17 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: easiest way (What I always do) just combine and separate. You could alsoset the pivots to 0,0,0 but I find combine > separate is easier/quicker [Image: wink.gif]
Jup, it's quick and easy but take care, those two functions cause a helluva mess in the outliner, cluttering your scene hierarchy with groups and transform nodes and whatnot. Make sure to delete your objects history and clean up the outliner afterwards for a clean and bug-free scene! Smile
Another quick way to move the pivot around is to just hit the "insert" key while in the move tool to switch to pivot-mode. You can then snap the pivot to the center of the grid by holding X for grid snap.

Yep I've seen it duplicated each and every single cube I had, colored it white (textureless) and I had to delete the clones.
I should just center the pivots next time, I just had no idea how to.
Thanks for the info, now I can do it next time Smile

(04-20-2013, 06:38 AM)Statyk Wrote: Before exporting or skinning a model to a rig, I select them and do
- Modify > Freeze Transformations
- Modify > Reset Transformations
- Edit > Delete by type > History

Then export. It sets the translation and rotation of the model to 0, 0, 0, and scale to 1, 1, 1, while putting all mesh manipulators/pivots to the center of the grid. Nice, clean mesh ready for export =]

Hey thanks, I am new to Maya and I have no idea which tools to use and when, so it's cool to get around some more tools.
I didn't know what to do to center everything at one piece but that one works like a charm.
04-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Find