Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Items w/ People who Download the CS
Cyphermur9t Offline

Threads: 17
External Items w/ People who Download the CS

Alright, after.. err, a while, my CS is done. There's just one thing though, I have the flashlight and batteries instead of the lamp and oil. Is there a way to make the CS so the people who download it start up the game and use the external items without all this modding of files AND without making it into a full conversion?
04-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: External Items w/ People who Download the CS

You would need to make sure that everyone who downloads your custom story replaces their lantern with the flashlight, although people might be put off from playing your custom story because they don't want to do extra work. They just want to download, and start playing. If you really need the flashlight for your mod, then I would suggest just to convert it into a full conversion.

In Ruins [WIP]
04-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(04-20-2013, 07:53 AM)Cyphermur9t Wrote: Alright, after.. err, a while, my CS is done. There's just one thing though, I have the flashlight and batteries instead of the lamp and oil. Is there a way to make the CS so the people who download it start up the game and use the external items without all this modding of files AND without making it into a full conversion?

You have to make a full conversion to replace lanterns and oils. Changing the lantern to a flashlight is a bit hard and not to mention that if one of these files overwrite themselves, they cannot change it back.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-19019.html
^
Full-conversion section

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]