Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Other great Survival Horror games?
Unregistered

RE: Other great Survival Horror games?

A VERY scary game is Fatal Frame, or Project zero as it's called in europe.
F.E.A.R. is creepy as hell too, also, check out Obscure 1 & 2.
06-29-2008, 08:21 AM
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Fatal Frame/Project Zero is console isn't it? Or is there a pc version of it? 'Cause I have no console. Smile

F.E.A.R isn't scary at all imo, I have obscure 1, but not the sequel. I didn't like the first one though.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Find
DrDean Offline

Threads: 7

I never found F.E.A.R. scary at all either. I got the Doom 3 demo and that was pretty scary, but then it gets all actiony and it does some sort of ruinment. That's why Penumbra is so great.
06-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

STALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not an image
07-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Hmmm.. I played like half the game, It's a great game, but I really can't count it as horror.

I have a feeling that I'm impossible to scare..Tongue

07-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

nackidno Wrote:Hmmm.. I played like half the game, It's a great game, but I really can't count it as horror.

I have a feeling that I'm impossible to scare..Tongue

yeah, i dont get scared by it either, but it does have its creepy enemies and it's moments.

Still, survival, thriller?

Not an image
07-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Find
Cypherious
Unregistered

Yeah,pretty much,but it works as a great FPS(BULLETS HAF THEIR OWN TRAJECTORY,OMG!).
Well,horror dat i have played.
Penumbra series,RE series,SH series,Cold Fear,lots of HL2 mods(i recommend Nightmare House),The Suffering series,System Shock 2(sci-fi horror in its glory),Condemned(yeah,lots of bumfights).
07-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Gyne Offline

Threads: 5

Considering that one's perception changes as you grow ...

The first Alone in the Dark game scared and so did the forth in the serious. The two that came between, although both enjoyable, were too predictable.
08-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

nackidno Wrote:I have a feeling that I'm impossible to scare..Tongue

So, does this mean that Penumbra didn't even scare you? Wink

08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Nope. It didn't. Sad The only thing that made me jump in the penumbra games was the opening hatch in the ceiling in the Tech-Demo. But that was when I was new to Horror games.

Btw, Cypherious, I tried that Nightmare house mod for HL2, it was very scary! Though it was short. Currently awaiting the second release!

08-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Find