Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

no i get where you're coming from, i really don't think it's THAT bad but i was just pointing out why i (and from what it looks like other people in this thread from earlier) thought it sounded awkward and clunky. i don't really care what other people think of it but you're honestly just being blinded by fanboyism if you still can't understand why people might think it sounded awkward or think it was poorly written after i gave that entire explanation

Posting Freak
08-04-2013, 03:43 AM
Website Find
Magnum66 Offline

Threads: 1

So finally got the entire Penumbra collection earlier tonight and restarted a fresh new run of Amnesia: The Dark Descent to get me even more hyped (if that's possible) and ready for A Machine For Pigs. While playing again though I thought of something kind of cool, if theory turns out to be true. I noticed the date of the very first file you find in the game, Daniel's note written to his future self, before taking the amnesia potion:

http://puu.sh/3Tc6d.jpg

Notice the date, 19th of august. I think it would be super cool if they released A Machine For Pigs on that exact date. Obviously that's starting to look very unlikely, but you never know. They said they would only announce it when game is fully ready, and we still have nearly 3 weeks until the 19th.

Patiently awaiting Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs...
08-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

If they did anything, I'd like to see what possible link there may be between the Machine and Brennenburg, if anything. Unless it's too spoilery.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
08-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Find
Magnum66 Offline

(08-04-2013, 05:21 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: If they did anything, I'd like to see what possible link there may be between the Machine and Brennenburg, if anything. Unless it's too spoilery.

I hope they tie in some things from the first Amnesia, it would be a nice cool way to pay homage to the game that started the series. Whether just be a mention of Daniel, finally seeing what Daniel looks like, making Oswald Mandus a blood relative of Daniel, or as you mentioned linking the machine back to Brennenburg and possibly Alexander.

08-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(08-04-2013, 05:29 AM)Magnum66 Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 05:21 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: If they did anything, I'd like to see what possible link there may be between the Machine and Brennenburg, if anything. Unless it's too spoilery.

I hope they tie in some things from the first Amnesia, it would be a nice cool way to pay homage to the game that started the series. Whether just be a mention of Daniel, finally seeing what Daniel looks like, making Oswald Mandus a blood relative of Daniel, or as you mentioned linking the machine back to Brennenburg and possibly Alexander.

There are going to be some links, but nothing major. I was actually just talking about a possible reveal.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2013, 05:47 AM by Ghieri.)
08-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Find
Magnum66 Offline

(08-04-2013, 05:47 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 05:29 AM)Magnum66 Wrote:

There are going to be some links, but nothing major. I was actually just talking about a possible reveal.

I've always been interested in Daniel as the main character and think it would be cool to reveal more about the type of person he was, or even a mention. Also speaking of the machine, it got me thinking recently. The whole "machine for pigs" thing got me thinking, what exactly is a pig in the story? Obviously the first thing you think of is an actual pig, or humans used for the machine and just being called "pigs" but I started thinking of something else. You know how most cops are referred to as "pigs" so maybe it's something of a plan to remove all authority figures from the area of London in which this game takes place. Also would help support the line shown at the end of the aamfp halloween trailer "the swine will rise" showing that the all these people the cops or "pigs" deem criminals or degenerates of society, will rise and take their rightful place over others who they look down upon.

Just a random thought, probably me being too excited for this game and my mind wondering and coming up with stuff. Tongue

08-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

In the trailer there are actual pig squeals when a something came looking for the guy.
. However that does sound like a really good idea.

08-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(08-04-2013, 03:43 AM)Kman Wrote: i don't really care what other people think of it but you're honestly just being blinded by fanboyism if you still can't understand why people might think it sounded awkward or think it was poorly written after i gave that entire explanation

I don't think it's a matter of 'fanboyism' it's just a matter of interpretation, I can see how someone may find it clunky but it's in the way you phrase it.

Sure it may not be the most profound poem but it's a poem that has meaning - or will have meaning.
08-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Find
Respekt Offline

Threads: 0

I do not remember a single game, the release date for which so persistently kept from the players! Advertising company is weak! I'm waiting and already losing my patience! FG treated us generously give us a release date and trailer! Please!

Sorry for my English!
08-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Frictional have not denied us information about the release of the game:

(05-27-2013, 12:39 PM)jens Wrote: To give you guys some info..

We are working away as fast as we can, it has to take the time it takes. We have no rush and as a certain well known game developer said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.".

We are optimizing, tweaking and in general putting the FG expertise to good use. TCR keeps putting in work as well. There are companies working on the translations (will launch with 9 languages in addition to original English). The porting guys are porting away. Deals are being made. Things are prepared for launching the game through more online stores than any other FG game before. In general occupied with all things related.

We know we will not make Q2, we also know when the game will be ready for launch. We have not set the exact day yet. You can however make good use of the weather outside this summer and look forward to gaming with the piggies as the summer comes to an end.

Frictional Games, via Facebook, 28th June 2013 Wrote:Currently uploading the last major test version of ‪#‎aamfp‬. Left to do, fix all small things left, then fix stuff coming in from testers and finally do last internal testing. Then "only" have to prep the whole launch thing. Getting there, but quite a bit to go yet. As before, enjoy the summer!

It's only the beginning of August. The summer is nowhere near at an end yet.
08-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Find