Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2

Another dream about AAMFP last night... I think I have a problem...

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
05-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Find
Dclayne Offline

Threads: 1

(05-09-2013, 08:35 PM)AdamD Wrote: Another dream about AAMFP last night... I think I have a problem...

I think that the game could not have come out. We have come up with so many, so many dreams have seen that the game is not as good as we think. Let it be in our dreams.
05-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Oh my god!
I have decrypted the aamfp.com html code and... I found this image!
I have reuploaded it in my dropbox. Say hello.

Oh.. and.. maybe it's going to be released in 30 minutes (in GMT +1 it's midnight there) in the aamfp page!
??!?! Smile

[Image: amfpsecretimage.jpg]

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2013, 10:30 PM by Hardarm.)
05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Website Find
Peci Offline

Poem Analysing (=guessing)!

First of all, I’m not an expert in literature and English isn’t my native language. But I do like to theorize on things. There have been three letters/poems so far. In my analysis I use the following hypothesis:

• they are in chronological order
• the events they describe, have happened before the amnesia (=before the game begins)
• SPOILER! In both TDD and Justine the main characters are more or less evil themselves, so I assume Oswald is no different

The first letter seems quite self-explanatory. Only the line “They will, I assure you sir, make the most wonderful additions to your product line.” seems quite sinister. Even though Mrs Tabitha wouldn’t mean it in a sinister way, I assume that Oswald already uses children as something else than just workforce. Perhaps as the ingredients of the delicious sausages that the letter described?

The second image with the poem is a long one. I don’t know why the letter is written as “we” as it seems that it’s Oswald talking about his mourning because his children (and wife?) passed away. Then he summons them back to life with spiritism (candlelights and table-tipping). He hears his children’s footsteps again somewhere in the dark halls and perhaps her wife laughing somewhere (a footfall in the darkened halls, our twins at play, a lover’s laugh)

The third image/second poem in my opinion describes how there is no hope left for Lily. No worldly money (thrupenny sixpence) nor God (sparrows and doves) can help her (see all the angels a-weeping above) because Lily is going to die (There's no more forgiving, there's no-one to save, For today darling Lily goes into her grave').

“Conclusion”: Oswald has used orphan children (no one will miss them) in some twisted way in his industrial production. Perhaps both slave labour and ingredients of meat products. His children and wife died, but Oswald summons them back to life with some dark magic. There is no way to tell who “Lily” is but I can think of at least two different possibilities. Lily might be a random orphan which is going to be used as a sacrifice to keep Oswald’s summoned love ones alive. Or the summoning didn’t quite go as planned and Oswald tries to correct the mistake by killing his “undead” daughter.

My two sixpence.
05-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(05-09-2013, 10:50 PM)Peci Wrote: “Conclusion”: Oswald has used orphan children (no one will miss them) in some twisted way in his industrial production. Perhaps both slave labour and ingredients of meat products. His children and wife died, but Oswald summons them back to life with some dark magic. There is no way to tell who “Lily” is but I can think of at least two different possibilities. Lily might be a random orphan which is going to be used as a sacrifice to keep Oswald’s summoned love ones alive. Or the summoning didn’t quite go as planned and Oswald tries to correct the mistake by killing his “undead” daughter.

My two sixpence.

We'll find out soon I guess

listen to boards of canada
05-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Website Find
ReadingNotAllowed Offline

Threads: 6

(05-09-2013, 10:30 PM)Hardarm Wrote: Oh my god!

Oh.. and.. maybe it's going to be released in 30 minutes (in GMT +1 it's midnight there) in the aamfp page!
??!?! Smile

That image looks stunning! Now I really can't wait to play this game!

Better to have a story and end it, then to never realise it has begun...

- Red
05-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0

??!?! Smile

Something is emerging and I'm just sitting here mastrubati... studying for my exams.
05-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

??!?! Smile

Looks quite interesting, but I was expecting more of another hint to an upcoming trailer or something. However, this looks good enough.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
05-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

(05-09-2013, 11:04 PM)maarten12100 Wrote:

??!?! Smile

Something is emerging and I'm just sitting here mastrubati... studying for my exams.

Same! Curse this damn politics and ideology Angry

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
05-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

??!?! Smile

Perhaps is a mini-game for pre-purchase:

Turn on the levers in the correct order to earn a fluffie amnesic pig!

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
05-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Find