Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To Scripting
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: New To Scripting

Restart that shit man.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(05-25-2013, 03:15 PM)ohheylookitsmax Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 04:56 AM)ROMul8r Wrote: Yep. Worked just fine.
Well, I'm no perfectionist when it come to mapping but one thing I can definitely suggest is making your chest with the lantern and tinderboxes etc a little smaller in height, so I don't have to jump into it to grab everything Smile

Oh yeah I remember that haha. I meant to change that xD.
Wow that's really odd because my Amnesia won't load the extra_english.lang file for whatever reason. :/ This is a really odd occurrence. I suppose I'm on my own with this one. :/

The only thing I think you can do to try off the top of my head is to delete the .map_cache file. That's the only thing I deleted minus creating a "custom_story_settings.cfg" file with these:
<Main
    ImgFile=""
    Name = "Test"
    Author = "Author"
    MapsFolder = "maps/"
    StartMap = "curious.map"
    StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>
And placing the curious.map folder into a "maps" folder within the custom story.

So it looks kinda like this:
custom_stories
  |-Test
       |-maps
            |-curious.map
       |-custom_story_settings.cfg
       |-extra_english.lang

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Find
ohheylookitsmax Offline

Threads: 1

(05-25-2013, 04:01 PM)ROMul8r Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 03:15 PM)ohheylookitsmax Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 04:56 AM)ROMul8r Wrote: Yep. Worked just fine.
Well, I'm no perfectionist when it come to mapping but one thing I can definitely suggest is making your chest with the lantern and tinderboxes etc a little smaller in height, so I don't have to jump into it to grab everything Smile

Oh yeah I remember that haha. I meant to change that xD.
Wow that's really odd because my Amnesia won't load the extra_english.lang file for whatever reason. :/ This is a really odd occurrence. I suppose I'm on my own with this one. :/

The only thing I think you can do to try off the top of my head is to delete the .map_cache file. That's the only thing I deleted minus creating a "custom_story_settings.cfg" file with these:
<Main
    ImgFile=""
    Name = "Test"
    Author = "Author"
    MapsFolder = "maps/"
    StartMap = "curious.map"
    StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>
And placing the curious.map folder into a "maps" folder within the custom story.

So it looks kinda like this:
custom_stories
  |-Test
       |-maps
            |-curious.map
       |-custom_story_settings.cfg
       |-extra_english.lang

I discovered from my hpl log that there is an error reading the extra_english.lang file for some reason. :/ Here it is:
Setting profile: 'Maxwell' Path: 'C:\Users\Max\Documents/Amnesia/Main/Maxwell/'
Error creating custom story from path "custom_stories/Amnesia Custom story pack" : could not find start map.
ERROR: Couldn't load language file 'custom_stories/TheCuriousLifeofWilliamThomas/extra_english.lang'
WARNING: Could not find language file category 'CustomStoryMain'
Error creating custom story from path "custom_stories/Amnesia Custom story pack" : could not find start map.
Saving user config.
Setting profile: 'Test' Path: 'C:\Users\Max\Documents/Amnesia/Main/Test/'
ERROR: Couldn't load language file 'custom_stories/TheCuriousLifeofWilliamThomas/extra_english.lang'
WARNING: Could not find language file category 'CustomStoryMain'
Saving user config.
Setting profile: 'Maxwell' Path: 'C:\Users\Max\Documents/Amnesia/Main/Maxwell/'
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 04:15 PM by ohheylookitsmax.)
05-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Do you have a custom_story_settings.cfg file in your CS directory? Similar to mine above?
Edit: 250 posts Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 04:17 PM by Romulator.)
05-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Find
ohheylookitsmax Offline

(05-25-2013, 04:17 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: Do you have a custom_story_settings.cfg file in your CS directory? Similar to mine above?

Yes. If you open the zip file i attached, my custom_story_settings.cfg is in there. Also... idk if this helps or not but i found this:
ERROR: Unable to open config file 'C:/Users/Max/Documents/HPL2/ModelEditor.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!

(05-25-2013, 04:17 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: Do you have a custom_story_settings.cfg file in your CS directory? Similar to mine above?

I FIGURED IT OUT! I had my .lang file in the wrong place. I had it in my map folder when it should have been outside the map folder with the custom_story_settings. I feel like such a dunce! THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 04:36 PM by ohheylookitsmax.)
05-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Haha, welcome Smile Good job on getting it fixed Big Grin
If you have more questions, just ask the forum Smile Good luck with your CS!

05-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(05-25-2013, 04:28 PM)ohheylookitsmax Wrote: Yes. If you open the zip file i attached, my custom_story_settings.cfg is in there.

It's not in there, but that's likely 'cause you have files in the VirtualStore folder.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Website Find
ohheylookitsmax Offline

(05-25-2013, 04:50 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 04:28 PM)ohheylookitsmax Wrote: Yes. If you open the zip file i attached, my custom_story_settings.cfg is in there.

It's not in there, but that's likely 'cause you have files in the VirtualStore folder.

I just forgot to put the custom_story_settings.cfg file in the zip folder. my bad Confused

(05-25-2013, 04:42 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: Haha, welcome Smile Good job on getting it fixed Big Grin
If you have more questions, just ask the forum Smile Good luck with your CS!

Thanks so much! If you (or anyone else) want(s) to beta test it before I upload it to MODDB.com, let me know and I'll shoot you a PM when it's in the final stages!
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 05:31 PM by ohheylookitsmax.)
05-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Find