Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Arts & Wallpapers
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Arts & Wallpapers

I have mixed thoughts about that picture. Wink

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

I got some more pictures, though not Peumbra related. The monsters are my own design. Wink The Ranger are a concept picture for a guy I know. Tongue

07-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Hmm, if any art at all is OK for this thread, I can offer some.

These are direct scans from pencil drawings, I just improved the contrast a bit.

Assuming they are shown in the order I uploaded them:

The first one is an elven battle mage approaching a fortress in a mountainside. I like the landscape, the shadows and the robe in this image. What I don't like are the fortress' towers. The windows look like they are painted on the walls. In fact, the whole building looks like a cardboard cutout.

The second one is a battle mage looking really similar to that in the first drawing and fighting a dragon. Again, I like the lighting. The dragon's skin is a bit smooth, but show me an actual dragon's skin and I'll do it right Wink

The third one is just a random angry dwarf I drew when A school where I helped handicapped students had "comics" as their art lesson subject. One of the students wanted some advice on how to pose a character the way he wanted without too much meaningless stuff like those circles and straight lines that most art courses suggest.

The fourth picture is the face of an elf (probably that battle mage again, and probably female). I was on a boring seminar and wanted to see if I can manage to draw a face. I got the proportions by using "place fingers on features and then put small spots where they touch the paper"-measuring on my own face.

The fifth is a wizard from a story I wrote (and technically am still writing, since it'S not finished yet). He's called Jonathan and is an astrologist in a dyson-sphere-like world (where the stars are actually street lights of cities on the far side of the world). I drew him because one of the pupils in the art class I mentioned saw the story in the pile of papaer I carried with me all the time, and had some great ideas for the way Jonathan should look. We wanted to make him look scared or insecure, and generally weird.

The last one is a technomancer called William, who is currently "enchanting" slices of cristalline silicon (or in other words: building ICs) while being watched by a gnome technician. The lines in the background should one day become shelves full of weird-shaped crystals.
He's from the same story as Jonathan. I wanted him to look quite young, and a bit similar to Bill Gates.

The dwarf, Jonathan and William are not finished in my opinion. They still need a lot of work, especially shading.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
07-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread Umbra. Maybe the admin could split this thread and but it into the off topic, to continue there with an art thread?

07-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Don't worry. I'll contain myself now, until I'm finished with my rock worm drawing. I'm still uncertain what I will make it do though...

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
07-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Find
DrDean Offline

Threads: 7

Yup, this is a picture of Penumbra 4. I went into the future to get it. It's for the Playstation 4 only, and the graphics are so realistic you'd poop your pants, even if that part's not scary.

[Image: 73bddb842d3ac04407fd2bbf48cc45a3.jpg]
07-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Haha, good one! When is it coming? Big Grin

07-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

I thouht Penumbra 4 would be on Wii 2 that will be better rhan PS3Big Grin
07-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Ha ha! Good one! Big Grin

Maybe PlayStation 4 and Wii 2 are joined together when Penumbra 4 comes out! Wink

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2008, 04:50 PM by Ano.)
07-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Website Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

Yeah, it will be LAST day of MicrosoftBig Grin

Joke:

A gratest Penumbra player in a forest:
- Help! help! A giant rock worm eat my friend!!!
- Relax, he is in his sleeping-bag
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2008, 04:55 PM by pavetsuki.)
07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Find