Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Could "Call of Duty" be good?
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Could "Call of Duty" be good?

(06-11-2013, 05:56 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I want that the game feels earnestly and real. Not like it's just a game.

You're not going to get that from CoD, let alone CoD: Ghosts. Gameplay wise, i don't see much of a difference between Ghosts and previous CoD titles. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with the STALKER Complete mods would be a better choice.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(06-11-2013, 06:10 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 05:56 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I want that the game feels earnestly and real. Not like it's just a game.

You're not going to get that from CoD, let alone CoD: Ghosts. Gameplay wise, i don't see much of a difference between Ghosts and previous CoD titles. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with the STALKER Complete mods would be a better choice.

They are completely amazing but I think everything they add makes the game lose its focus a bit. I think vanilla STALKER is good enough on its own and the game should probably be played that way first before installing all of the mods (no matter how good they are).
06-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(06-11-2013, 06:15 PM)Bridge Wrote: I think vanilla STALKER is good enough on its own and the game should probably be played that way first before installing all of the mods (no matter how good they are).

I think every game should be played like this.

06-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(06-11-2013, 06:10 PM)Your Computer Wrote: You're not going to get that from CoD, let alone CoD: Ghosts. Gameplay wise, i don't see much of a difference between Ghosts and previous CoD titles. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with the STALKER Complete mods would be a better choice.

From what I saw, Stalker is not better. Where are quiet moments? I just saw permanently monster or enemy fights. That isn't what I want. Perhaps the game has an immersing location and good story, but the gameplay looks worse for me. The game is also too fast.

CoD Ghosts looks more like real military with better gameplay etc.
I know this will also be a fun-game, but not as the most other shooters where you just have to kill monsters or be the superhero and shoot all enemies down to get rewarded. This game looks more decent, although with the action.
06-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

(06-11-2013, 06:18 PM)Googolplex Wrote: real military

Buy ARMA.

06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(06-11-2013, 06:21 PM)Scraper Wrote: Buy ARMA.

Yes, this is an example that doesn't look like a fun-game.
When there is a good singleplayer, it could probably be a good choice.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 06:25 PM by Googolplex.)
06-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(06-11-2013, 06:18 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 06:10 PM)Your Computer Wrote: You're not going to get that from CoD, let alone CoD: Ghosts. Gameplay wise, i don't see much of a difference between Ghosts and previous CoD titles. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with the STALKER Complete mods would be a better choice.

From what I saw, Stalker is not better. Where are quiet moments? I just saw permanently monster or enemy fights. That isn't what I want. Perhaps the game has an immersing location and good story, but the gameplay looks worse for me. The game is also too fast.

You could not be more wrong. I don't say that to provoke an argument, I appreciate that your only source of knowledge on STALKER is a gameplay video with lots of shooting, but as a huge fan of all 3 games + mods, they have a great deal of down time, preparation, exploration, all quiet. There is shooting, but you do it when you want or when you have to, it's an open world game with a good deal of freedom for doing what you like, which includes a lot of gameplay time where you are not shooting things.

CoD will not satisfy you, because it is a pure shooter through and through. There is very, very little time in CoD not spent shooting people, the only reason the game exists is to let you shoot people. By contrast, STALKER spends a lot of time focusing on building up the atmosphere of the world, giving you lots of time to adventure in between the parts where you shoot people / monsters

06-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(06-11-2013, 05:56 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I watched all these games and I dislike them all.
What I want is not a pure shooter, where you walk around and shoot. I also don't want to have such monsters in the game. Looks like a typical fun-game when shooting monsters down etc.

What I want are immersing environments like the underwater part in CoD Ghosts, and parts where you have to stealth. I think the new Tomb Raider was a good game, because it was a shooter with adventure elements, or rahter I must say an adventure with shooter elements.
I want that the game feels earnestly and real. Not like it's just a game.

The world of STALKER is damn immersive. You don't just "run around and kill monsterz for the lulz", the game is actually quite slow-paced. Being stealthy is almost always the best option.

"quiet moment" for you

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM by Deep One.)
06-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

That rain sounds awesome!

06-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(06-11-2013, 06:18 PM)Googolplex Wrote: From what I saw, Stalker is not better. Where are quiet moments? I just saw permanently monster or enemy fights. That isn't what I want. Perhaps the game has an immersing location and good story, but the gameplay looks worse for me. The game is also too fast.

CoD Ghosts looks more like real military with better gameplay etc.
I know this will also be a fun-game, but not as the most other shooters where you just have to kill monsters or be the superhero and shoot all enemies down to get rewarded. This game looks more decent, although with the action.

What gameplay videos did you see exactly? I've spent more time wandering about in STALKER than i have shooting monsters. In STALKER it's more dangerous wandering about during the night time, so if you're looking for less monsters, wander about during the day. You're not going to get non-linear gameplay from CoD, nor are you going to get real military gameplay (it's not a simulator like ARMA). Only difference i see with CoD: Ghosts and previous CoD titles is you get a dog now.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Website Find