Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia the Dark Descent Expansion
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
Amnesia the Dark Descent Expansion

Just curious. Really. I've searched through Showcase Sub-Forum and didn't find any attempts to expand original Amnesia. Now I am just curious, 3 years gone and if there could be some sort of a Golden Edition with expanded levels then what exactly you'd prefer to see a little bit changed or expanded? I am talking and asking exclusively about levels expansions.

As for me personally I truly like that little place at Chancel on the right side of the bridge, which you can visit only before getting prisoned. Otherwise when you got out of the prison the part of bridge leading to that place is ruined. So I believe Amnesia could be even better if every level without any exclusion had such places, which you could see-visit only by doing or not doing some certain actions. It's my own personal opinion, but I truly believe that simple trick with places that aren't neccessary for a completion of the game, but do expand the space of the Brennenburg itself and somehow its background story, is something that could be made for a fantastic nonexistent Golden Edition. And I do believe and I see real potential that every level without an exclusion could be expanded that way easily.

But that's just my opinion. I do not know maybe some of you would love to see not just unneccessary little expansions but something else. Something neccessary for example with new quests and puzzles. I am just curious what do you think.

And once again I am talking only and strictly about levels expansions, nothing else. I know some would lovee to see AI tweaked, graphics, etc. But this thread is only about what to you think about levels expansions without ruining the game atmosphere and rhythm.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013, 11:45 PM by Alex Ros.)
06-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Website Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Amnesia the Dark Descent Expansion

Played Amnesia: Justine yet? It's the official free DLC.

As for the rest, custom stories take care of that.

06-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

There is a custom story from DamnNoHtml called Amnesia Through the Portal if I am not mistaken. It basically continues from where Amnesia left of and is very good.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2013, 02:03 AM by plutomaniac.)
06-21-2013, 02:03 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

I am talking about original Amnesia the Dark Descent, not about DLCs or continuations. Only about the expansions of original levels. Just curious who what would love to see expanded. Everything is nice is also always an answer, of course. But if there anything at all at original Amnesia the Dark Descent that you'd love to see expanded (any level in particular), then it's interesting to know what's this level exactly, why and how you'd love to see it expanded.

I am not going to make anything. Just curious. Just interesting for some reasons.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2013, 04:20 AM by Alex Ros.)
06-21-2013, 04:19 AM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

For me it's in the Nave. The locked door in the hidden Laboratory. I would love to see a ladder or staircase that can solve the mystery of how Daniel actually got back up since the Elevator and stuff is damaged.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-21-2013, 04:20 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

I've actually thought of making these levels, maybe an outdoor level if you choose to use the acid on the front door instead to go down.
But I didn't want to start making my own Amnesia stuff before AMFP comes out (new models!)

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
06-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Find