Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Amnesia Full Conversion Mod: Damned
7thProductions Offline

Threads: 17
Amnesia Full Conversion Mod: Damned

~Damned~

Your name is Violet Edwards. Your parents were killed in a horrible car accident almost twelve years prior and you haven't been the same since.

Orphaned and emotionally scarred, you've been living at the Westbridge Home for Unfortunate Youth ever since that tragic night, trying simply to exist despite lingering depression and your questionable sanity. Sometimes you think the only reason you go on is because of Josephine Bishop - owner and proprietor of Westbridge - who is always by your side like a second mother. Your life has been pretty average up to this point.

However, almost a week after your seventeenth birthday and the arrival of a strange light-haired boy, not everything at Westbridge is as it seems. You start to notice small little things - details - that you never really give much more than a first glance; that ominous feeling of being watched in the forest around the orphanage, the occasional out of place thump from behind a bookcase in the library or unfamiliar footsteps creeping past your room in the darkness of the night.

And when things suddenly start falling into place, as you uncover more of the pieces to the puzzle that is the mystery of the place you could have - at one point - called your home. A secret comes to light, a dangerous and horrible secret, and there's someone who would do anything to keep it that way.

You wonder; how does this all fit into the miserable existence you call a life? What does any of this madness have to do with your parents deaths? And what is the connection with Josephine and the light-haired boy?

Can you survive the ensuing madness or will you succumb to eternal damnation?

---

Damned is a Full Conversion Mod for Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Started at least a year ago, in a twisted sort of fate, this mod still is in somewhat early development. Mainly because I had to start over at least three times. Other than that, my ideas definitely have done nothing but improve since my brother refreshed my computer and deleted all my work. But, seriously, I've spent a lot of time reworking the story each time something went wrong and I think I've finally got a good, interesting story - at least it is from my perspective.

Anyways, some things to expect in this mod:
- New entities - though not much different from normal Amnesia entities (ex: Carry-able Candles)
- Cutscenes, that may or may not contain graphics
- Atmospheric scares (I'm not fully sure how well I'll do with this, but I'll definitely try)
- Immersive gameplay
- A custom monster - ! Please note that I'm not promising that there will definitely be a custom monster, but stating it as a possibility and I plan on working something out so that there will be

Custom Monster Concept(s): Headshot
[Image: 1.jpg] [Image: 3.jpg]

Screenshots:
[Image: Room1.png] [Image: Lobby6.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2013, 01:40 PM by 7thProductions.)
06-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Amnesia Full Conversion Mod: Damned

May I ask you why you are creating a Full Conversion, and not a custom story?

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2013, 01:44 PM by Wapez.)
06-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Find
7thProductions Offline

RE: Amnesia Full Conversion Mod: Damned

(06-28-2013, 01:44 PM)Wapez Wrote: May I ask you why you are creating a Full Conversion, and not a custom story?

I apologize for not replying sooner (which was mostly due to being preoccupied with other things and having been absent from the forums for such a long time).

And well...to answer your question, I guess I'd have to say that making a full conversion kind of gives you more freedom to customize the mod and gives you a chance to use your creativity at its fullest in your mod...I don't know if that makes any sense to you but that's how I kind of feel about the whole situation.(Not to mention the protagonist is a girl and didn't want her sounding like a man and all that.)

I mean, should I not make a full conversion? Is it wrong of me to do that? Or rather, would there be a problem if it is a full conversion? And should I just make it into a custom story? I'm curious to know if making a full conversion would be a problem.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 08:15 PM by 7thProductions.)
10-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Find
7thProductions Offline

[Update] Amnesia Full Conversion Mod: Damned

(06-28-2013, 01:38 PM)7thProductions Wrote:
~Damned~

Your name is Violet Edwards. Your parents were killed in a horrible car accident almost twelve years prior and you haven't been the same since.

Orphaned and emotionally scarred, you've been living at the Westbridge Home for Unfortunate Youth ever since that tragic night, trying simply to exist despite lingering depression and your questionable sanity. Sometimes you think the only reason you go on is because of Josephine Bishop - owner and proprietor of Westbridge - who is always by your side like a second mother. Your life has been pretty average up to this point.

However, almost a week after your seventeenth birthday and the arrival of a strange light-haired boy, not everything at Westbridge is as it seems. You start to notice small little things - details - that you never really give much more than a first glance; that ominous feeling of being watched in the forest around the orphanage, the occasional out of place thump from behind a bookcase in the library or unfamiliar footsteps creeping past your room in the darkness of the night.

And when things suddenly start falling into place, as you uncover more of the pieces to the puzzle that is the mystery of the place you could have - at one point - called your home. A secret comes to light, a dangerous and horrible secret, and there's someone who would do anything to keep it that way.

You wonder; how does this all fit into the miserable existence you call a life? What does any of this madness have to do with your parents deaths? And what is the connection with Josephine and the light-haired boy?

Can you survive the ensuing madness or will you succumb to eternal damnation?

---

Damned is a Full Conversion Mod for Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Started at least a year ago, in a twisted sort of fate, this mod still is in somewhat early development. Mainly because I had to start over at least three times. Other than that, my ideas definitely have done nothing but improve since my brother refreshed my computer and deleted all my work. But, seriously, I've spent a lot of time reworking the story each time something went wrong and I think I've finally got a good, interesting story - at least it is from my perspective.

Anyways, some things to expect in this mod:
- New entities - though not much different from normal Amnesia entities (ex: Carry-able Candles)
- Cutscenes, that may or may not contain graphics
- Atmospheric scares (I'm not fully sure how well I'll do with this, but I'll definitely try)
- Immersive gameplay
- A custom monster - ! Please note that I'm not promising that there will definitely be a custom monster, but stating it as a possibility and I plan on working something out so that there will be

Screenshots:
[Image: Room1.png] [Image: Lobby6.png]

Cutscenes: Is this something I should continue with?

[Image: Cutscene_Ch01_1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 08:17 PM by 7thProductions.)
10-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Find