Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Man of Steel - PLEASE KEEP SPOILER FREE
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Man of Steel - PLEASE KEEP SPOILER FREE

Hey there everyone! I'm probably really late to this party, but I finally got to seeing Man of Steel in theaters, and am making a thread so that I can share my thoughts, and you can leave yours below.

I also probably won't talk about everything, and every character.

Now first for my thoughts. I'll keep it spoiler free, and I expect you all to do the same in comments below. If you have to touch on something, use SPOILER tags. We clear? Ok let's go.

To sum up my primary thoughts about the movie:

This movie was absolutely, 110% completely BADASS!

No seriously, this is literally the most dumbfounded I've ever been...the most I've ever been blown away by a movie by sheer spectacle in my entire life. I've tried looking through my memory for a movie that can match on this scale, but nothing...NOTHING comes to mind. Man of Steel is truly amazing in that respect.

The action is just so powerful, and impactful. Everything in the movie just feels really powerful in a way that I've never before seen done on the big screen. The action in this movie is just badass in every sense of the word.

It also isn't just the "action, and fighting" that make up the spectacle. You get to see a lot of Kryptonian tech in the movie as well. A lot of the movie's spectacle comes from the amazing looking tech, and set pieces that originate from Krypton. Hell, even the CLOTHES looks awesomely badass.

Ok, enough about me rambling on about the movie's spectacle, because you get the idea. Now let's go on into the plot, and characters.

Characters were mostly spot on, and done really well as well. Jor-El has a substantial influence in the movie beyond the opening scene, and is awesome in his own way. Pa, and Ma Kent were also really well done.

On the subject of these "parent" figures to Superman I also have to applaud that they really did convoy that aspect really well: the "parent" aspect of them to Superman. Each had their own way of guiding Superman into becoming what they hoped would be a better person, and it was remarkable.

Then it's Superman himself. I really liked the decision of telling his backstory through non-linear flashbacks. It prevented needless dragging on, and starts the story segment right at the point where it's needed, and can easily "pull out" before it outstays its welcome. It does wonders for the pacing of the film. I felt that Henry Cavil did a decent job as Superman, but didn't really go up to "steal the show" levels of awesome.

Next, villains: Badass. Side characters? Do their job well. Nothing really more substantially constructive I feel like adding beyond that.

Next I'll take about a bit of the complainants I have about the movie, because awesome as it is, it's still not perfect.

For most of 70% of the movie it was absolutely perfect, and I was happily giddy in my seat. Then when it nears the end I feel like the plot kind of loses a bit of its charm. Mostly, because the plot seems to go on rails at that point, and everything becomes a bit predictable in the sense that everything just seems to go "according to plan". No more big plot turns, or swerves in another direction to give it a bit more flavor.

Still, now that I think about it, that is actually the only major complainant I have with the movie beyond nitpicking, So, I'll go ahead, and give my verdict.

Verdict: Man of Steel is unbelievably badass, and the story's pacing along with its characters are also done remarkably until a bit a the end. 9/10

So, to everyone out there. GO SEE THIS MOVIE RIGHT NOW! It is worth every dollar for the action alone.

Now feel free to leave your thoughts below, and use spoiler tags if you want to talk spoilers Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013, 04:09 AM by Kreekakon.)
07-03-2013, 04:09 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Man of Steel - PLEASE KEEP SPOILER FREE

all i got out of it was a realization of how insanely good looking russel crowe is lol

Posting Freak
07-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Human bones are actually 5x stronger than steel. Just for that error, I'm never seeing this movie. 2/10 stars.
07-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

The only thing I know about Man of Steel is that there is some guy who wears a spandex costume with a cape and wears his underwear inside instead of on the outside.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(07-03-2013, 04:46 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: Human bones are actually 5x stronger than steel. Just for that error, I'm never seeing this movie. 2/10 stars.

It actually illustrates how fragile Superman actually is, and humanizes him so much more to know he's actually weaker than he appears! *Fistpump*

(07-03-2013, 04:59 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: The only thing I know about Man of Steel is that there is some guy who wears a spandex costume with a cape and wears his underwear inside instead of on the outside.

That would be the Man of Steel, a distant relative of Superman.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
07-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

I'll just leave this here...

also you might wanna skip to 4:40
07-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Spoiler below!

Clark Kent is actually Superman

07-04-2013, 02:00 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-03-2013, 04:46 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: Human bones are actually 5x stronger than steel. Just for that error, I'm never seeing this movie. 2/10 stars.

Man of stiff?

Edit: Woops, I read bones as boner... Awkward...
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 12:07 AM by Tiger.)
07-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

The ending was all like

Spoiler below!

Supes killed Zod and then acted all guilty about it even though up to that point he never was shown having a problem killing any of the kryptonians and basically is directly responsible for the extinction of his species. Just seemed overplayed to me.

The rest of the movie was pretty good.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

"PLEASE KEEP SPOILER FREE" oh lol whoops
Spoiler below!

what the fuck was that ending tho i mean seriously that ENTIRE TIME he could have just broken his neck and it could have been over with and yet he's just like "welp i guess i should let you destroy this entire city and kill thousands of people first" that's just stupid i thought there was gonna have to be some complex way of killing him

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013, 07:49 AM by Kman.)
07-04-2013, 04:20 AM
Website Find