Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Justin Carter: Jailed For FB Comment
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Justin Carter: Jailed For FB Comment

Perhaps I didn't go into enough detail regarding the Jackie Chan post...

You're kinda right that airport and similar transport security places have been improved all over the world since 9/11, but what I was trying to get across is how what the American Government have done here with these two young adults isn't really doing any good. Jailing someone for saying something you don't like is dictating behavior. And before someone tries to say "Oh well what about real terrorist threats blocked", with real terrorist threats, things get investigated (or I should at least hope so).

With these two cases, it seems the Government has pretty much taken these two guys words for a confession for something they HAD NOT committed but for JOKING about it with no other reason to be alarmed.

Terrorist attacks such as the Boston Bombings and all those countless public shoot-ups will never end because we can't read peoples minds.

[Image: luv.gif]
07-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(07-08-2013, 02:51 AM)WIWWM Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 04:56 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 02:56 PM)Bridge Wrote: Stupid people have constitutional rights too, which are being unjustly violated here. He doesn't even deserve a slap on the wrist. How can you guys not care about other people's rights? In case you weren't aware, they are your rights too. If you let shit like this go by unchallenged, sooner or later you will be the ones whose rights are being violated.

And freedom of speech does in fact mean freedom of speech without consequence. When you start talking about speech that is not protected by free speech (rare and justifiable instances) it's not a freedom anymore. In the United States you are basically allowed to say anything in an ironic way for the sake of satire or comedy and it can be clearly demonstrated by examining the context that it was said in an ironic way. Ergo, free speech.

Even though it is a case of a person being treated unconstitutionally, just the fact that people resort to signing an online petition is itself absurd. Even if i agreed with the parent's parenting (which i don't, since that kid deserves some form of punishment), i wouldn't sign the petition. Even though i agree that this was unconstitutionally handled, and even if this were to happen to me for another reason, i wouldn't sign the petition, or any petition concerning upholding constitutional rights. I am not interested in making that kind of support through these trivial means.

How can you say that freedom of speech is without consequences and go on to say that there are speeches not protected by freedom of speech? Does freedom of speech touch on every spoken and written word or doesn't it?
http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/fir...Speech.htm

Yeah, I learned about that in my Gov. class. The worst they could get him on is obscene language, maybe.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-08-2013, 03:57 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(07-08-2013, 02:51 AM)WIWWM Wrote: http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/fir...Speech.htm

I am not ignorant of the laws and the reasoning for their existence. I just see no real distinction between "shall" and "shall not," even if the consequence is not plainly obvious, for in either case you're either doing something you're allowed to do or you're not. Being worded differently does not for me do away with the "shall" for the things you should be allowed to do or doing, and the "shall not" for the things you shouldn't be allowed to do or doing.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(07-07-2013, 06:50 AM)Your Computer Wrote: If not jail, then what? A slap on the wrist? Not interested in helping deliberately stupid people.

All black people should be fucked in the ass holes by the Klu Klux Klan as well as their dogs.

lol jk

Oh wait... someone took this seriously? oki than

Guess I'll have to go to prison nao... bye forum. see ya in 8 years!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013, 04:27 PM by Danny Boy.)
07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-08-2013, 04:25 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 06:50 AM)Your Computer Wrote: If not jail, then what? A slap on the wrist? Not interested in helping deliberately stupid people.

All black people should be fucked in the ass holes by the Klu Klux Klan as well as their dogs.

lol jk

Oh wait... someone took this seriously? oki than

Guess I'll have to go to prison nao... bye forum. see ya in 8 years!

I hear sirens, oh boy you better run!

[Image: luv.gif]
07-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

RUN DANNY BOY, I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY TICKLE BUDDY!!!

Oh, shit... guess I'm going to prison too cuz im pedo.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013, 11:36 PM by Ghieri.)
07-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(07-08-2013, 04:25 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: All black people should be fucked in the ass holes by the Klu Klux Klan as well as their dogs.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/user-30094.html

You're attracting the wrong kind of folk to our sweet, clean forum!
07-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Find