Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The best First Person Shooter
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
RE: The best First Person Shooter

(08-14-2013, 03:30 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:21 PM)Deep One Wrote: Tribes Ascend. It's f2p but not p2w! It is challenging and very satisfying game once you learn the game mechanics (skiing, jetpack etc.)

Been looking at it. It looks a lot like Planetside 2, though I guess it's fewer players and not p2w Smile I would like to pay for something though. Making it free doesn't seem like the best quality factor.

Don't worry, T:A is pure quality. And naturally it's not completely free, you can buy weapons and other stuff if farming is not your thing
08-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(08-14-2013, 03:49 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Normally I do not play ego shooters, but actually I tried one: Call of Cthulhu.
Seems like this game is a really good "pearl" in the genre.

- extremely scary
- very good atmosphere
- heavy story
- many puzzles & adventure elements
- nice gameplay & action events

You are right, a great game, but one of his requirements were:

-Must be multiplayer.
08-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

Battlefield 4 will probably be insanely good, although I'd consider Battlefield 3 as the best atm.

- Inactive account -
08-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-14-2013, 03:30 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: Looks a lot like Halo (to me) Smile
Any upsides and downsides?

It's an absolute classic of the FPS genre and deserves a play based on historical value alone. However, the game is actually very balanced to this day, the music is good and the graphics look surprisingly good considering its age. It has a ton of different game mods as per the Unreal Tournament standard and by far the most interesting one in my opinion is Onslaught which is essentially like Battlefield. You can have up to I think 128 players (perhaps more) who play on opposing sides fighting for control of outposts located on the map. After players have control of all of the enemy outposts the energy core at their base becomes vulnerable so the attack is focused there and if it's destroyed they win, rinse and repeat. It sounds simple but it is actually quite complicated and if the teams are evenly matched games can be incredibly exciting. The vehicles are a lot of fun and especially on the really open maps you can reach insane speeds which is a thrill. There are some glitches that haven't been fixed but these have become a part of the game and are actually quite fun. Overall there are very few downsides, it's an amazing game in my opinion.
08-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(08-14-2013, 04:29 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:30 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: Looks a lot like Halo (to me) Smile
Any upsides and downsides?

It's an absolute classic of the FPS genre and deserves a play based on historical value alone. However, the game is actually very balanced to this day, the music is good and the graphics look surprisingly good considering its age. It has a ton of different game mods as per the Unreal Tournament standard and by far the most interesting one in my opinion is Onslaught which is essentially like Battlefield. You can have up to I think 128 players (perhaps more) who play on opposing sides fighting for control of outposts located on the map. After players have control of all of the enemy outposts the energy core at their base becomes vulnerable so the attack is focused there and if it's destroyed they win, rinse and repeat. It sounds simple but it is actually quite complicated and if the teams are evenly matched games can be incredibly exciting. The vehicles are a lot of fun and especially on the really open maps you can reach insane speeds which is a thrill. There are some glitches that haven't been fixed but these have become a part of the game and are actually quite fun. Overall there are very few downsides, it's an amazing game in my opinion.

Well that sounds pretty great Smile
Is it a series that goes on?

Trying is the first step to success.
08-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

no matter where you go, you will always find the same answers

counter strike,team fotress,half life,battlefield,call of duty,unreal tournament...

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
08-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-14-2013, 05:08 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: no matter where you go, you will always find the same answers

counter strike,team fotress,half life,battlefield,call of duty,unreal tournament...

For a reason, of course.
08-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(08-14-2013, 03:24 PM)The chaser Wrote: Killing Floor. Trust me, this game is really cool.
I've seen it but didn't get really impressed Smile I've seen other people who liked it, I don't know... Sorry, but thanks.

If I was you, I wouldn't trust screenshots or gameplays and that stuff. A game is meant to be played, and, in Steam, while in sale, costs 3,75€, I think... worth my 45+ hours of fun.

The game is very good, for me is a 'must have'. Trust me, this is one of the few games where you can kill 150+ monsters in 10 rounds (doesn't seem much, but it is when you play)

Also, the players are well balanced (you and your team against mutants, and, the last rounds, are more or less 200+ mutants against six people...

Also, the gore is beautiful. The blood effects and all of that are plain astonishing, at last for me.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(08-14-2013, 06:07 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:24 PM)The chaser Wrote: Killing Floor. Trust me, this game is really cool.
I've seen it but didn't get really impressed Smile I've seen other people who liked it, I don't know... Sorry, but thanks.

If I was you, I wouldn't trust screenshots or gameplays and that stuff. A game is meant to be played, and, in Steam, while in sale, costs 3,75€, I think... worth my 45+ hours of fun.

The game is very good, for me is a 'must have'. Trust me, this is one of the few games where you can kill 150+ monsters in 10 rounds (doesn't seem much, but it is when you play)

Also, the players are well balanced (you and your team against mutants, and, the last rounds, are more or less 200+ mutants against six people...

Also, the gore is beautiful. The blood effects and all of that are plain astonishing, at last for me.

Well I saw a freidn playing, while i was sitting beside him Smile Maybe I'm wrong

Trying is the first step to success.
08-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

dogfood approves, killingfloor is nice.

I'd check out Tribes Ascend if i was you aswell

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
08-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Find