Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Psychological horror movie "Sauna"
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
Psychological horror movie "Sauna"

Has anyone here, except me, seen this film? If you haven't, fix that immediately! I watched it yesterday and it really surprised me in a good way (I haven't seen many good Finnish films).

Two brothers. A huge uncharted bog. Sins of the past. Mysterious village with mysterious people. Even more mysterious sauna with terrible secrets. Fear of the unknown.
Are you interested? Yeah, I thought so.

http://www.moviehabit.com/review.php?story=sau_jn09

http://www.horror-fix.com/2012/12/09/sau...your-sins/
08-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Psychological horror movie "Sauna"

Yes, I bought the blu-ray 2-3 years ago, but in my opinion it's not worth the money. I want to sell it again.

I like the grey setting in finnish woods, but it disappointed me somehow.
The story is very bad, they should skip the Sauna part in the swamp - that was really disappointing and the end with the demon also. Very strange movie and nice pictures, but bad story.

The movie is not as good as it looks like on the trailer or screenshots!
This was the reason why I bought it, but I get disappointed. But probably I will watch it again in some days.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2013, 11:21 AM by Googolplex.)
08-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(08-24-2013, 11:18 AM)Googolplex Wrote: I like the grey setting in finnish woods, but it disappointed me somehow.
The story is very bad, they should skip the Sauna part in the swamp - that was really disappointing and the end with the demon also. Very strange movie and nice pictures, but bad story.

Can you be more specific? I know it's just matter of opinions, and I respect yours, but why is the story so bad in your opinion? I think the story is pretty good, and it makes sense. In Finnish folklore, sauna was a sacred place where you washed away your sins.

Spoiler below!
And about that demon at the end, I think it was some kind of metaphor. "Even the innocent ones can't escape the sin", y'know?
08-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

What's the rating?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

6.2/10 on imdb, 50% liked it with average rating of 3.2/5 on RT.
08-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I try to be more specific. As I remember they killed a girl in a shaft very brutal and later they saw the ghost of the girl in a wood and came to an old camp in the woods where a sauna is in the swamp. Then they decided to wash their sins, but this scene was really bad. But it's only my opinion!
And then they save a little boy from the camp and the demon kills it, that's all what I understand. The movie has overall a very good atmosphere, but it disappointed me probably I had too big exceptions on it.

I watched the trailer and I thought this must be a very good movie, but it wasn't in my opinion. It's not worth 10 euros.

But as I said, it's just my personal opinion.

"The Descent" and "The Grudge" are much better.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2013, 03:24 PM by Googolplex.)
08-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(08-24-2013, 03:22 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I try to be more specific. As I remember they killed a girl in a shaft very brutal and later they saw the ghost of the girl in a wood and came to an old camp in the woods where a sauna is in the swamp. Then they decided to wash their sins, but this scene was really bad. But it's only my opinion!
And then they save a little boy from the camp and the demon kills it, that's all what I understand. The movie has overall a very good atmosphere, but it disappointed me probably I had too big exceptions on it.

I watched the trailer and I thought this must be a very good movie, but it wasn't in my opinion. It's not worth 10 euros.

But as I said, it's just my personal opinion.

"The Descent" and "The Grudge" are much better.

SPOILERS YOU LITTLE SHIT

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-24-2013, 03:33 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: SPOILERS YOU LITTLE SHIT

Woah woah woah chillax

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

I didn't like, it was a little poorly made imo, we finnish people aren't just so good filmmakers overall, best imo is Napapiirinsankarit (Heroes of artic circle) Or Rare Exports, which rates only as "decent" on my personal filmlist.
08-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Find