Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
Scammel Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

I can only presume FG want to appear to be releasing titbits through the gaming 'community' itself rather than releasing extra footage themselves. All well and dandy in theory, but what we've got is some amateur (by definition) videos that don't paint the game in the greatest light and a slight feeling of jealousy as these people ultimately aren't professional reviewers but average joes with a YT channel.
08-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Find
emaper Offline

I must say that this guy, MaskedGamer, isn't so bad. He's way better that PDP and he didn't use any face cam in the AAMFP Walkthrough, and also he didn't break the immersion.
If you do not resist and decide to see the Walkthrough before the game is released, consider to check MaskedGamer's video and not the one from PewDiePie...

Student | Bassist 

[Image: LNndQ]
08-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(08-30-2013, 11:14 AM)emaper Wrote: I must say that this guy, MaskedGamer, isn't so bad. He's way better that PDP and he didn't use any face cam in the AAMFP Walkthrough, and also he didn't break the immersion.
If you do not resist and decide to see the Walkthrough before the game is released, consider to check MaskedGamer's video and not the one from PewDiePie...

Well, I relented and was just about to post something similar. MaskedGamer's 'first 25 minutes' of gameplay is really very good - he doesn't scream and shout, instead he just talks calmly and gives his views as the minutes tick by. He certainly doesn't break the immersion like PDP. As for the game itself - from the first 25 minutes of MaskedGamer's LP I have to say that I'm extremely impressed - the video and audio quality is very good indeed, as is the writing and voice acting. And let's not forget the score by Jessica Curry which, so far, sounds excellent. Fantastic, creepy atmosphere too.

In short, I'm even more impressed than I thought I would be. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 11:21 AM by Ossie.)
08-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Find
Rederkki Offline

(08-30-2013, 11:14 AM)emaper Wrote: I must say that this guy, MaskedGamer, isn't so bad. He's way better that PDP and he didn't use any face cam in the AAMFP Walkthrough, and also he didn't break the immersion.

Agreed.

PDP < MaskedGamer

And this little piggy went wee wee wee wee wee..
08-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

(08-30-2013, 10:10 AM)droog Wrote: The new video from AAMFP is from "MaskedGamer" also known as Ohmwrecker. It says "first 25minutes", so I think he didn't spoiled much more, than PDP did.

Mr droog! Could you please help? If your nationality is correct in your profile, could you translate the note that is written in German?

A guy name AzetaCrew already did it in the video comments, but I'd like hear your version of it.

Spoiler below!

Sleep my child sleep, your heart beats under my hand. I am cradling you, with these open wounds. This heart.
Gently i continue, and your heart belongs to me, and I am cradling you, in this becoming love.
Dream this sacred wound, it will bleed, and the angels trust, only to see you sleep. Sleep my child and I will cradle you.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 12:03 PM by Peci.)
08-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(08-30-2013, 11:19 AM)Ossie Wrote:

Well, I relented and was just about to post something similar. MaskedGamer's 'first 25 minutes' of gameplay is really very good - he doesn't scream and shout, instead he just talks calmly and gives his views as the minutes tick by. He certainly doesn't break the immersion like PDP. As for the game itself - from the first 25 minutes of MaskedGamer's LP I have to say that I'm extremely impressed - the video and audio quality is very good indeed, as is the writing and voice acting. And let's not forget the score by Jessica Curry which, so far, sounds excellent. Fantastic, creepy atmosphere too.

In short, I'm even more impressed than I thought I would be. Big Grin

Glad you like what you see/hear Smile

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
08-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(08-30-2013, 11:58 AM)Peci Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 10:10 AM)droog Wrote: The new video from AAMFP is from "MaskedGamer" also known as Ohmwrecker. It says "first 25minutes", so I think he didn't spoiled much more, than PDP did.

Mr droog! Could you please help? If your nationality is correct in your profile, could you translate the note that is written in German?

A guy name AzetaCrew already did it on the video comments, but I'd like hear your version of it.

Spoiler below!

Sleep my child sleep, your heart beats under my hand. I am cradling you, with these open wounds. This heart.
Gently i continue, and your heart belongs to me, and I am cradling you, in this becoming love.
Dream this sacred wound, it will bleed, and the angels trust, only to see you sleep. Sleep my child and I will cradle you.

This heart

Sleep my child sleep,
your heart beats under my hand.
I am cradling you,
in these open wounds (mine).
This heart.

Gently further through me,
and your heart belongs to me,
and I am cradling you,
in this "???*" love.
This heart

*/ I never heard the word "verdenden". Maybe they meant "verenden" which would mean "perish"- so "In this perish love"... i could be wrong but I never heard "verdenden" // so it should say (in dieser verendenden Liebe)*

Dream this sacred (holy, saint) wound,
it will bleed,
and the angels mourn,
only to see you sleep.
My child, sleep and I
will cradle you.

EDIT: So.. in this way I would translate it .. but be aware, my english is not the best and it's hard/impossible to translate it 1:1. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 12:27 PM by Draug.)
08-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

A few thoughts:

Spoiler below!
1. All this speculation on Mandus' trip to Mexico brings to mind La Caza.

2. The foreign (Gaelic?) man in the cage in PewDiePie's video may be food for the machine. The Irish were not treated kindly in the Victorian era, and what's to stop a wealthy industrialist from snatching minorities like orphans and foreigners to feed his machine? Alternately, he may be a "pig" in the making.

3. The "Villain" will be someone with a grudge against Mandus. I'm personally leaning towards one of Mandus' children or servants being trapped inside the Machine and using its horrific power to take vengeance upon him.

4. London seems terribly empty - as if the city itself has suffered some apocalyptic event. I'm guessing this is the villain's doing and not Mandus himself.

5. The London Metropolitan Railway was first established in 1863, and the first subway line built in 1890. In other words, the timeline leaves plenty of room to explore the extensive underground systems of London. I'm willing to bet that the Machine is massive, possibly large enough to fill up the entire Underground [and eat all the people above it]!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM by Alardem.)
08-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

gggGGREAT droog!

My google-fu isn't that good when searching for German stuff, but I'd like to know if that is a real poem, or one made for this game. At least I didn't find a match. For this theory I presume it's not real life.

Spoiler below!

This next thought refers to the first poem, that has been puzzling me ever since it was published in April. But more on that later. The main thing is that there are hints of spiritualism.

Notice that the poem is placed on a music stand, near a piano, in the dining hall. I think it was used as a hymn/chant/spell in spiritualist meetings. I talked about the high level of popularity of spiritualism in the middle and upper classes during 1890's (in some thread a long time ago).

I read that there is a difference between 'normal' spiritualism and spiritualism that was practised in protestant countries. Both Anglican and German churches are protestant. Protestantism in the matter of fact started in "Germany" (the Holy Roman Empire).

As Spiritualism emerged in a Protestant Christian environment, it acquired features in common with Protestantism, ranging from its moral system to practices such as Sunday services and the singing of hymns.

Most dramatically, Christianity, [...] has traditionally asserted that there will be a bodily resurrection of the dead, and a physical, not merely spiritual, afterlife. This view is self-evidently incompatible with Spiritualism, where the merely spiritual existence is superior to the embodied one.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM by Peci.)
08-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Find
Scammel Offline

Quote:The "Villain" will be someone with a grudge against Mandus. I'm personally leaning towards one of Mandus' children or servants being trapped inside the Machine and using its horrific power to take vengeance upon him.

Or our mysterious professor.

Quote:London seems terribly empty - as if the city itself has suffered some apocalyptic event. I'm guessing this is the villain's doing and not Mandus himself.

I think the area mostly represents the factory complex and the residences of both Mandus and the workforce.
08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Find