Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Real World Horror
Peci Offline

Threads: 1
Bug  Real World Horror

As Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is around the corner, it has been enjoyable to ponder what kind of sick twists the developers have come up to. But suddenly, when these things happen in reality, it stops to be fun anymore. This thread’s idea is to share different crimes around the world. Remember, if we humans can imagine it, somebody, somewhere has probably done it already.

The incident I’m going to tell you about, is one of the sickest and probably the most complex series of criminal trials in the history of Finland. And the process is still unfinished. In the end I’ll tell you what sentences are already executed.

Just an ordinary family in the Finnish suburbs in 2006…

This normal, happy middle class Finnish family included a husband, a wife and their 4 children (aged 2, 4, 7 and 9 at the time). They lived in a (detached) house in the suburbs of a small Finnish town.

Then one night, once everybody was asleep, somebody broke the parents’ bedroom window. A black dressed and hooded man jumped in to their bedroom, and started to fight with the husband. The wife is lightly stabbed and flees. The wife goes to another room to call for help. She calls the emergence number and tells what is happening. The first thing she says is “come fast, there is some kind of a killer here”. During the call the emergency center can hear as the husband moans in pain. During the phone call the wife goes to check if the hooded man is still there. The oldest of the children (9 years) is awake and speaks to the phone “come fast, my dad is not feeling well”. At some point the wife even asks the child to check the room instead of herself.

The husband was stabbed 70 times and hit many times with some kind of a blunt object. The police do some grave errors during the forensic investigations, as the leading inspector believes the wife is just a poor ‘damsel in distress’. All newspapers and TV-channels show the interviews of the wife after the incident. Some people say that she doesn’t seem to sad or shocked at all. Some say that because of the horrible incident, she doesn’t show any emotions.

As some people start to defend the wife, her “Family Club” website becomes quite popular. The website consists of many types of family and children related stuff, like a forum and many kind articles how to organize a themed birthday party.

About the same time the husband is killed, the husband’s old class mate drowns.

What actually seems to have happened (present day knowledge)

Eventually the police stop chasing the hooded man, and starts to investigate the wife. The inspector is relieved from his duty. An undercover police collects data of the wife for a couple of years. As certain kind of trials in Finland can be declared secret, the next twist comes to the public as a shocking surprise.

The wife was sentenced of raping and violence towards children. It can’t be said for sure, but it seems that the victims were her own children. For example one of her kids had 105 different marks of slashing. As the documents are secret, there is no exact data of what had happened, but there are clues. Just a day before the criminal accusation of sexual crimes was raised against the wife, she tells in an interview that “My children can’t be trusted. They have fabricated false memories of ‘slave days’ and pets being bought just that they could be tortured and killed. They are pure Harry Potter stuff”. She was convicted of these crimes (and is already in jail). This stuff happened _after_ the husband was killed.

Now the murder trial has activated again. The first time they couldn’t find enough evidence against her, but personally I think (and hope) this time she won’t get away.

Apparently the husband was already dead when she called the emergency number. Hundreds of different sound clips were found on her PC. Apparently she staged the phonecall with a pre-recorded tape, as in closer inspection the stuff heard didn’t make _any_ sense. They didn’t find any sounds of the “hooded man”, and the stuff the husband said didn’t fit the situation at all. There are many questions though, but it is possible (and probable) that she had manipulated her oldest child to be part of his father's murder.

As the murder trial is still in process, there are bound to be many surprises ahead.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 06:58 PM by Peci.)
09-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23
RE: Real World Horror

(09-01-2013, 06:19 PM)Peci Wrote: -SNIP-

Interesting, though I don't find the situation to be very scary. It's really sad how incidents like that can change people forever.
09-02-2013, 04:18 AM
Find
Peci Offline

Yeah, it's pretty much one of those "sick" incidents. The "horror" in this case is what people are capable of doing. And because I have been reading about it for the last couple of weeks from all kinds of sources, I immersed myself to the part of the children, listening in their rooms while their father is being stabbed again and again. And they can't even turn to their "most important person".
09-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

(09-02-2013, 08:19 AM)Peci Wrote: Yeah, it's pretty much one of those "sick" incidents. The "horror" in this case is what people are capable of doing. And because I have been reading about it for the last couple of weeks from all kinds of sources, I immersed myself to the part of the children, listening in their rooms while their father is being stabbed again and again. And they can't even turn to their "most important person".
I suppose this may seem to not be creepy to be me for personal reasons.
09-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

Was that pretty sick? Yeah but hooded man was real? We dunno.

If you read Sherlock Holmes a little, you will start to have suspects about hooded man.
09-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

The woman is Anneli Auer.

09-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Website Find
Peci Offline

(09-02-2013, 09:23 AM)Arbies Wrote: Yeah but hooded man was real? We dunno.

That is a relevant question, in the eyes of the law and the justice system. But what makes it complex is the history of the case. In criminal cases, there are three different levels of courts in Finnish system. (these are dictionary translations) 1) district court, 2) court of appeals and 3) supreme court

1) First she was convicted of murdering her husband in the district court
2) The court of appeals said that there isn't enough evidence to convict her
3) The supreme court didn't address it, put ruled that there are so many new evidence that the process has to be started over again
4) Now it starts from district court level again (2013)

She has also already once confessed, but then pulled it away. According to some sources she had also said to her oldest child that "there was just daddy and me"

Yes she is Anneli Auer, but I wanted not to name her even though for Finns it's totally clear.
09-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

Josef Fritzl. Need I say more?
09-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Was it Fritzl's case where it was decided to fill the cellar with cement so it wouldn't become a tourist attraction etc?
09-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-02-2013, 02:39 PM)Peci Wrote: Was it Fritzl's case where it was decided to fill the cellar with cement so it wouldn't become a tourist attraction etc?

No, it's where he imprisoned his relative(?) for 24 years.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Find