Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
About Russian localization...
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7
RE: About Russian localization...

(09-02-2013, 04:08 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Amnesia TDD has horrible german translation. OK, it's not horrible, but it's not very well done.

So it's not so horrible as in French. Sentences are syntactically correct, but are sometimes nonsensical or sounding very weird (just like a Google translation)...
09-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

This is what they state on their website:
Quote:All our translators are native speakers of their respective target languages, highly experienced in their field and avid gamers to boot.
??

(09-02-2013, 04:08 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Hopefully Shentloc will do it better in AAMFP.

Penumbra had perfect german localozation.
Apparently Penumbra BP was localized by them, they list it in their portfolio.

If I remember correctly the German translations in Amnesia had some quirks but were still acceptable, while translation in Penumbra was done very well and in any case better than in Amnesia.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 06:35 PM by Chrysler.)
09-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Find
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7

BTW, has the game been sent to a Spanish player or something?

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
09-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Find
UselessMouth Offline

Threads: 0

I can confirm that all of the russian text in new Amnesia (played it) felt like I'm reading a poem of some sort, kinda in a bad way. After one note and another I was like "OKAY, what did I just read?" and started to reread the text immediately, and still feeling like it was popped out from googly-moogly translation machine Smile
09-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Find
Willy fox Offline

Threads: 0

(09-02-2013, 11:36 PM)UselessMouth Wrote: After one note and another I was like "OKAY, what did I just read?"
I think that this is due to the fact that a huge storyline was not able to fit at the notes to make you feel an atmosphere of the game. But I'm agree, sometimes I was confused. Ex. "What connection between tombs, deserts, arabians and the British castle of XIX century. Maybe, I wasn't very attentive to the text, but I wasn't up to it, I was afraid due playing the game. Smile
09-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Website Find
VadimLongcat Offline

Threads: 2

(09-03-2013, 01:25 AM)Willy fox Wrote:
(09-02-2013, 11:36 PM)UselessMouth Wrote: After one note and another I was like "OKAY, what did I just read?"
I think that this is due to the fact that a huge storyline was not able to fit at the notes to make you feel an atmosphere of the game. But I'm agree, sometimes I was confused. Ex. "What connection between tombs, deserts, arabians and the British castle of XIX century. Maybe, I wasn't very attentive to the text, but I wasn't up to it, I was afraid due playing the game. Smile
I think he meant AAMFP
09-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Find
BobFlatcher007 Offline

Threads: 1

I'm russian and i saw this translation. WTF IS THIS SHIT xDDD PROMT? xD This is disgusting! AWFUL.
I will tell you what problem is. It was translated excellent, BUT... you can't feel the game atmosphere in translation. For example, if it wrote like a verse, you can't read it like a verse. Translation is what it is. You know what i mean? When you are translating something, you need to worry also about perception of readers. If you read a letter, you can imagine a picture in your brain. If you read this translation - it just a set of random words. You can understand from their description on the site, that these guys from Shentloc are liars. They are not doing their work properly.
Please, do something with this shit.

If it's too much, it's okay... i can read promt\google\whatever Big Grin I hope that this one letter is nothing... Maybe it's only one big mistake... who knows.
But unfortunaly, i think it's not only one mistake. In the future, i will know, that this shit can happen again.

I apologize for my "perception" of this localization, because i was wrong. Translation is not bad, but also not excellent. But i was wrong about some letters and words. They are not lying, they are just not professionals.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 08:10 AM by BobFlatcher007.)
09-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Find