Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4

(09-09-2013, 03:28 PM)Sampyli Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 03:18 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: Common themes in these reviews seems to be a lower focus on actually scaring the player compared to TDD

Damn, in a way I'm pretty relieved to hear this, more of a story person Tongue some reviewer said that the game itself isn't as bad (scary) as TDD but the story is pretty disturbing and haunting

I feel the same way - after reading the review summaries and snippets I'm looking forward to the game even more than I already was. Smile
09-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Find
Tillion Magnet Offline

Threads: 0

My problem is there are already plenty of games out there that focus on a good storyline. How many can you name that have creating fear as the intent? Very, very few, and most of those are quite old.

Obviously this purely subjective, but I am not happy about it at all.
09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

(09-09-2013, 03:32 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: My problem is there are already plenty of games out there that focus on a good storyline. How many can you name that have creating fear as the intent? Very, very few, and most of those are quite old.

A good story is very important - not sure how you can rule it out just like that.

Quote:Obviously this purely subjective, but I am not happy about it at all.

How about playing the game and seeing what YOU think - after all, we all have different ways of appreciating games. Smile
09-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Find
Tillion Magnet Offline

(09-09-2013, 04:02 PM)Ossie Wrote: A good story is very important - not sure how you can rule it out just like that.

I'm not ruling it out, that's not even close to what I was saying. TDD had a good story of its own, and also managed to create a powerful atmosphere of terror. To use vague and subjective numbers, it was fear - 9 and story - 6. AMFP seems to flip those numbers around, and simply put I was hoping and expecting something closer to what TDD had.

Quote:How about playing the game and seeing what YOU think - after all, we all have different ways of appreciating games. Smile

I plan to, doesn't mean I can't comment on what reviews are saying though.

Even if this game doesn't give me what I hoped for, with any luck Frictional's unannounced project will. Undecided
09-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

1 day. I can't belive this.
09-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

Yamimash and Markiplier have both just posted gameplays of AAMFP.

MUST. RESIST. SPOILERS.

This is getting difficult...

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
09-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Find
Geoff Offline

GOD DAMNIT MARKIPLIER....GOD DAMNIT....

This is really hard to not watch him. I just got into him about a week ago because of you guys. I have watched so many of his videos...
09-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

One last day Tongue the hardest one
09-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Find
Derxor Offline

Threads: 1

Ok, let's all calm down, shut our eyes, put our fingers in our ears and sing "Lalalalala" for 1 day. After that, don't go on the forums, instead, *open Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs and play it untill your diaper finally needs a change, then when your diaper is changed, go on the forums and post how awesome it was. Repeat from *.

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
09-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Website Find
TiberiusBond Offline

(09-09-2013, 06:06 PM)Sampyli Wrote: One last day Tongue the hardest one

I still have more like 2 days. It comes out tomorrow, but I'm gonna be too busy during the day and I want to wait until it's dark for the whole experience, so I still can't play it for over 24 hours. Consider yourself lucky Tongue

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
09-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Find