Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it worth doing now, considering AAMFP?
gruzz Offline

Threads: 24
Is it worth doing now, considering AAMFP?

Hello to you all,

I was just wondering a little.. I'm really into making a CS from ATDD, but i just wondring a little for myself.. Is it worth doing it right now, concidering AAMFP? I mean, AAMFP will not have support for CS, but do you guys thing people are intrested in actually play CS for ATDD after AAMFP?

Well, thats it.. =)
09-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Is it worth doing now, considering AAMFP?

Absolutely. Just because AMFP comes out, doesn't mean people won't fall back to custom stories. Consider AMFP a professional FC, not a whole game (even though it is). If anything, having AMFP not support custom stories will make it a lot easier for people who WANT to play custom stories by keeping them used to TDD's installation and procedure.
09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Find
gruzz Offline

(09-05-2013, 07:16 PM)Statyk Wrote: Absolutely. Just because AMFP comes out, doesn't mean people won't fall back to custom stories. Consider AMFP a professional FC, not a whole game (even though it is). If anything, having AMFP not support custom stories will make it a lot easier for people who WANT to play custom stories by keeping them used to TDD's installation and procedure.

Absolutly true sir. I just wanted to know what you guys thinks.. Something i also noticed in the trailers for AMFP is that they use a lot of materials from ATDD.. I'm curious, did TheChineseRoom use the Level Editor when they did the game, or did they built in some other way?

(sorry for poor english)
09-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Yes, of course. A lot of developers will reuse assets to save time, money, and effort. Valve is a big example of this. I swear they've been using the same small props in their games for like... 8+ years.
09-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Absolutely, there is no reason not to start a CS. Eventually, people will begin to use the AAMFP-assets and create new custom stories and full conversions.

Eventhough people will probably play AAMFP for the coming weeks (myself included), they will eventually all go back to A:TDD and await the custom stories that use the new assets.

By all means, it is worth it.
(no flying jesus, stephano, jumpscares etc. though please.)

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
09-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Find
gruzz Offline

(09-06-2013, 04:54 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: By all means, it is worth it.
(no flying jesus, stephano, jumpscares etc. though please.)

Hahahaha!
09-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39

Is it actually legal to use the assets from AAMFP? We all know it would be too easy for players to just port objects from the game to TTD. And if it was legal (Im not sure it is) They would half to pay AAMFP, because it is technically stealing the assists from another game that makes profit.
09-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

I for one am planning to use AMFP assets for my upcoming CS, so it is definitely worth it for me. Smile

09-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

(09-10-2013, 02:40 AM)jssjr90 Wrote: Is it actually legal to use the assets from AAMFP? We all know it would be too easy for players to just port objects from the game to TTD. And if it was legal (Im not sure it is) They would half to pay AAMFP, because it is technically stealing the assists from another game that makes profit.

No, it is not stealing. Penumbra assets were also ported to be used in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
It becomes illegitimate once an individual uses these assets with the intentions of financial gain, which is not the case in this community.

Furthermore, you're custom story folder does not need to contain all AMFP static_objects and entities, assuming you're audience also owns AMFP. However, if, for what reason, people do not own AMFP, but want to play a custom story that uses these assets, if completely legitimate to copy these files over to your custom story folder.

However, this process is extremely redundant, as it is not required for owners of AMFP (And i am assuming a lot of people have bought it).

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Find