Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is Requiem any good?
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
Is Requiem any good?

I got all 3 Penumbra games on Steam ages ago in a deal but only ever installed the first 2 as I read Requiem doesnt have monsters, but what is the general consensus for it on here? I never installed it as I didnt think it would be scary without any monsters (I mean how could it be?)

09-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Is Requiem any good?

It does have. Except not in a way you'd expect. It's a puzzle game with horror elements.
I believe you should play it. Don't expect anything from it and you'll probably enjoy it. That's how I did it.

09-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Website Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

You shouldn't approach it as you might have approached Overture and Black Plague.

In a way it's just a collection of puzzles that FG didn't get to use but you should definitely play it.
09-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(09-10-2013, 05:09 AM)Nuits Grace Wrote: You shouldn't approach it as you might have approached Overture and Black Plague.

In a way it's just a collection of puzzles that FG didn't get to use but you should definitely play it.
^This.

I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but I will say the ending does give a little more closure than Black Plague did.

09-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Find
Jim Offline

Threads: 3

I'm an immense fan of the first two, but I didn't like Requiem at all.

Remember at the end of Black Plague when-
Spoiler below!
-the Tuurngait forces you to solve all of those weird puzzles, and it starts to feel kind of like a bad, nonsensical parody of Portal?
Don't get me wrong, I really, REALLY liked Black Plague. Especially the actual end that came after that part. But I didn't like the gameplay in that particular segment, and Requiem just felt like 4 hours of that. It's really all over the place and feels more like a fan-made mod for Black Plague.

Still, I can't express how much I like everything else the guys at Frictional have done. Requiem is literally the only bad thing remotely connected to them and Machine for Pigs is fantastic so far.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Requiem once you play it.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 02:49 AM by Jim.)
09-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Find