Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Crashes / Unplayable - creature bugs out/1fps on current save
zolferno Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago Exclamation  Game Crashes / Unplayable - creature bugs out/1fps on current save

Well I had been playing the game all morning perfectly fine and got to the level In The Nest Of Eggs - my game started spazzing out majorly, it takes 1 min to move 1 yard (1 fps - I did try putting all settings on lowest although i don't need to).

so I load the game to a previous save much earlier and then get to same area - now I'm running through a corridor and a door locks behind me and I'm going down the hallway and I see the creature so I wait and hide but he doesn't leave, so when I make a run for it past him the game crashes instantly - it tries to run an updater in a tiny box then it crashes the updater.

I have tried verifying my game cache on steam and still no luck, I have waiting since last Halloween checking if the game was released ( its been my homepage for almost a year ) and now it comes out my game play is interrupted so badly I cant even start a new game without it glitching/crashing Sad please help.

PC Specs: If It Helps
Win 7 Home Edition 64-bit
Motherboard: Fatality Professional Series P67
CPU: i5-2500k (OC 4.6ghz - Water-cooled [also tried running at stock clock speed])
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 660
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance 2133MHZ - Fan Cooling (2x4GB)
Storage: Seagate 500GB Momentus XT 2.5" Hybrid SSD/HDD ( I have also tried running it on my SSD )
PSU: CM 700W

I did Pre-Load the game on steam, please don't say re-install as my internet speed is so slow it downloads at 100 kb/s

What Ive Tried So Far:
FYI: I had xbox controller plugged in at start-up this morning but took out as soon as I realized it was in - I hope it didn't mess with the save.
Removed All Disc Drives
Removed All Expansion Bays
Removed All external Devices ( Apart from mouse & keyboard )
Fix Posted In Forums ( New .exe )
Verify Game Cache
Tested On Different HDD/SSD
Turned V-Sync Off in Nvidia Control Panel
Restarting PC (obviously)

Main Problem = Current Save I Have 1 FPS
Other Problem = Load Previous Save And/Or New Game and the creature will bug and not move he will pace back and forth and when I run straight past him the game will crash and a tiny updater will appear but then the updater crashes as well always at 2%

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 27.73 KB / Downloads: 129)
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 05:33 PM by zolferno.)
09-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Game Crashes / Unplayable

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22842.html Have you tried this?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 04:00 PM by summit.)
09-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Find
zolferno Offline

(09-10-2013, 03:57 PM)Arbies Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22842.html Did you tried this?

was the first thing i tried before making thread sorry forgot to mention in first post.

guess ill start working on a save editor for levels as I'm guessing saves become corrupt ( just a guess ) and i have a feeling a few people will have to start over
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 04:34 PM by zolferno.)
09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Find
zolferno Offline

BUMP!!!!! - come on srsly I have waited long enough for this game all I want to do is play, I have been patient enough
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 05:09 PM by zolferno.)
09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you tried loading an earlier save, from the level before perhaps even and play from there?
09-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Website Find
zolferno Offline

(09-10-2013, 05:20 PM)jens Wrote: Have you tried loading an earlier save, from the level before perhaps even and play from there?

erm yes i explained that - when i load a save/new game it runs fine until i meet the creature, it will pace back and forth and wont go so i try and just run past and every attempt at running past it will cause instant crash - im debugging the game as we speak to find where the error in code is as when it crashes the updater/reporter crashes before i can read any information

I don't suppose its too late to ask for a re-fund (I pre-ordered) through steam Tongue found another horror game that looks promising
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 05:32 PM by zolferno.)
09-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Find
zolferno Offline

Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Game Crashes / Unplayable - creature bugs out/1fps on current save

solved problem by playing around with code all day in ollydbg - will be waiting for new stable version though Smile
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Find