Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second ending?
VadimLongcat Offline

Threads: 2
Second ending?

Just searched for some dialogs from the game and found some interesting files. In folder with sounds of the ending level (sounds\vo\16_temple) i found this monologues:
vo_temple_orbend_1
vo_temple_orbend_2
vo_temple_orbend_3
It looks like it connected with 2nd ending. But i haven't found way to reach it yet (tried to not pushing button in torture-chair, but it didn't help).
What do you thing? Is it just developers forgot to remove these files or the 2nd ending really exist?
09-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Find
bionicle2809 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Second ending?

Not only that, but there are files called "orbhit" too, which sound like an ending where you destroy the orb; suggesting that there are 3 endings. A suicide ending, an ending where you let the orb be and an ending where you destroy the orb.

It seems strange if these were cut endings, since they did keep making reference to the 'egg' and the orb in notes throughout the game, so why would they cut it?

These could just be very well hidden. Although, you don't even come close to the orb in the game at all.

Another interesting thing, the "Daddy, daddy... Please don't kill me" line at the beginning of the game is one of the "orbhit" files. Maybe the ending does exist, and the fact that this file is played at the beginning was a hint to the "orbhit" ending being the best possible ending of the game?
09-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion that there were one or 2 more endings originally (in original concept/story), but they simply didn't have time to add them.

I would love to hear word from Chinese Room about that? Anyone? Helloo?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 11:13 PM by Kein.)
09-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Yah it would be really interesting to know what they had originally planned with the ending. Might be related to the fact that the game was originally a much shorter experience and evolved into something larger.
09-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Re-listening to these dialogs again and re-reading some notes I think may be originally they planned to have machine powered by the Orb Mandus discovered in Mexico? Thus why files named vo_temple_orbxxx_#.ogg. I guess in original ending we were supposed to destroy orb in order to destroy Machine. And in the 2nd original ending we could succumb to machine and lay into that sarcophagus instead to be part of it?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-12-2013, 02:44 AM
Find
Elwi Offline

Threads: 1

Children are saying
Spoiler below!
"smash it,smash it papa"
.Maybe thats old files from old game intro.In default one man's voice is saying "Dont kill me daddy" There are 3 versions of this.

Spoiler below!
"Yes.Yes Mandus.I knew you understood.Just a few seconds more and the egg will hatch"

That is strange,like ending with the decision to destroy the orb or let it hatch.3 files too.But where is the orb,in his heart or what ? Maybe just old idea from another version of a game.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 03:30 AM by Elwi.)
09-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Find
eLbot Offline

Threads: 0

For anyone without the inclination or patience to listen to those assets (You really should though!) here’s a transcription:

vo_temple_orbend_1
Spoiler below!
(Elated) Yes… Yes Mandus; I knew you understood. Just a few seconds more and the egg will hatch.
vo_temple_orbend_2
Spoiler below!
(Excited, growing intensity) I am created! My layers peel and the air begins to vibrate around me! Soon, we will be aflame!
vo_temple_orbend_3
Spoiler below!
(Relief) It is done. Thank-You Mandus. LET THERE BE LIGHT.

Then there are also these relevant assets:

vo_temple_orbhit_1
Spoiler below!
(Distressed) Please Mandus no! FOR YOUR CHILDREN!
vo_temple_orbhit_2
Spoiler below!
(Excited, children) SMASH it papa! SMASH IT!
vo_temple_orbhit_3
Spoiler below!
(Infantile, distressed) Daddy… Daddy… please don’t kill me.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 04:25 AM by eLbot.)
09-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Find