Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Screen on boot.
SGTDiphthong Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Black Screen on boot.

So, when I try to boot the game through steam, the launcher comes up normally, and I'm able to fiddle with all of the settings. When I try to launch the game, the fullscreen window comes up, but remains black. It stays black until I either stroke the windows key and minimize it, alt+tab it, or try to press shift+tab to bring up the steam overlay. No crash log is given.

Using the first two methods, the game minimizes correctly, and when I bring the window back up, it shows the initial gamma settings page, but I cannot move the mouse, and the image is stuck wherever it is. Minimizing the window again will typically shift the mouse from where it was stuck. Using the shift+tab method typically freezes the game up and I have to end the process. Although once it behaved similarly to the alt+tab method, though with a weird black bar running across the center of the screen.

I've reinstalled, used steam to check the integrity of the install, and have updated my video drivers to the most recent version.

Running Windows 8 Pro 64bit (updated to 8.1 beta build 9431)
8GBs RAM
Intel HD 3000 (on an i5-2410M 2.30GHz)
I have a Logitech G600 running, if that matters.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 14.09 KB / Downloads: 100)
09-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Find
Madcap Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Black Screen on boot.

I think I'm having the same problem as you. All it is for me is a blank screen and I can't do anything. I can hit escape and the menus and everything come up but I can't do anything in the game...really hoping for a solution here...Undecided
09-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Integrated graphics are not supported. You can try to update the drivers for it and it might work and also to run the game on low settings after doing this update.
09-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Website Find
Madcap Offline

Threads: 0

I just wanted to say I fixed my problem by updating my graphics drivers. Thanks.
09-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Find