Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Crashes at 1st Door /w hpl.log
123123123 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Game Crashes at 1st Door /w hpl.log

Hello I am having the same issue that many people here have been having. My game crashes upon attempting to load the second area. I'm able to load the start of the game and play without any issues up until I attempt to load the second major area. I'm running the game on my gaming laptop which has switchable graphics. It uses Intel HD 4000 and a Nvidia GT640m dedication card. (YES, my drivers are updated) No matter what I try the game will refuse to use my dedicated card. I found a post where another user had the same problem, but the switchable graphics detection issue was never really resolved. (yes I have tried disabling my integrated graphics, but that only causes the setting launcher to say 'gdi generic' and not even launch). The settings launcher for aamfp shows my dedicated card as the set card, but as stated earlier refuses to even use the thing, and instead switches back to the Intel HD 4000.

If somebody could kill two birds with one stone (both of my problems) that would be amazing. If there isn't a solution to the switchable graphics issue, I'm fine with just running on my Intel HD 4000, but for whatever reason aamfp crashes when loading the second area.

HERE is my hpl.log after the crash occurs. (I couldnt attach the file because the .log is 122k, and the max file size for attachment is 100k)

Thanks Undecided
09-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game Crashes at 1st Door /w hpl.log

You can try and run the game on lower settings to see if that helps with the Intel HD. Other than that it should be solved on how to get the game to run of the Nvidia card instead.

1. Are you sure you have drivers downloaded from nvidia.com? It sounds like you do not if the game thinks you only have gdi generic, because that means you have drivers installed that does not have proper OpenGL support.

2. With drivers from nvidia.com. Have you tried using the control panel for the nvidia card to set what card it should use when running pig (possible also the launcher)?

3. Make sure to have the computer plugged in and running in performance mode.
09-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Website Find