Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
LarryV Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Just came across this recently, that I didn't in my first run

I was under the church and there was a 1 minute monologue, in German ( I think) and it needed if, "we are all pigs or plagues."

Did anyone else come across this.

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 03:40 AM by LarryV.)
09-13-2013, 03:40 AM
Find
Xenomorph Offline

(09-13-2013, 02:34 AM)kojack Wrote:
Quote:Are we sure there aren't orbs in the temple at the end? Several people thought these were the twin's hearts but take a closer look at those pics (full size recommended if you want to see something):
There are two objects in the map called "child_heart_1" and "child_heart_2", those would be the glowing things.

There are also files called orb_room and orb_room_blood. There are also files in models called "sphere" and a little further down files named pyramid. Though I don't see where it says "child_heart_1" all it says is "heart.DAE and heart.msh.

They are probably child hearts, but there is so little context. Is the heart you ignite with the tesla coils the engineers? What is the significance of the heart and why are you transported away from it? Also your dark self repeats something along the lines of "NO! Do it for your children mandus!" which makes me think that he's ending his life after ending the machine, not being absorbed into it. Though the spider arms jabbing your heart brings up a lot of confusion.

Also in reference to the orb, I'm fairly certain it is mentioned in the notes quite a few times.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 03:45 AM by Xenomorph.)
09-13-2013, 03:40 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:They are probably child hearts, but there is so little context.
Like in whole game, haha. That's why this thread exist. We are going in circles for 30 pages already.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-13-2013, 03:54 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-13-2013, 03:54 AM)Kein Wrote: Like in whole game, haha. That's why this thread exist. We are going in circles for 30 pages already.

samueljustice, and the rest of thechineseroom totally knew this was what it was going to be like when they made this thread, and are totally relishing in it haha

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-13-2013, 03:59 AM
Find
LarryV Offline

'em bastards! Haha

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-13-2013, 04:02 AM
Find
Xenomorph Offline

So I rewatched the ending. Essentially you are the last lifeforce of the machine that it needs to keep working. When you deactivate the machine an kill yourself, you are ending the machine for good. The pigs singing out and eventually fall silent, this is due to the fact that they were connected to the machine so without it they can no longer go on living. You live in a sort of silent purgatory with the two entities of yourself, freed from the machine.

So you do "cleanse" yourself and everything you've done. The machine slowly falls silent and everything is undone as the new age begins.
09-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Obviously TCH and FG are not going to share their secrets so easily. While it'd be nice if eventually they started to tie up things, I also hope that they don't attempt to explain anything that is supposed to be left up to the players own imagination and interpretation of events.
09-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Find
Xenomorph Offline

http://i.imgur.com/zSQdoQt.jpg

One of the final notes. Explaining what happens at the end, and essentially that the two hearts/orbs are just the fragments of his essence?
09-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

So how long has the 'Engineer' existed? Before the trip to Mexico?
09-13-2013, 04:29 AM
Find
LarryV Offline

http://amnesia.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer_(Manpig)

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Find