Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

A few people are talking about a man in a coffin at the end of the game... where? I must have missed him.
09-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Find
pikmintaro Offline

Threads: 0
Finished the game, but I have one question I want to know! (SPOILERS!!!)

So I started playing the game last night at 12:00am (When it was available to play in my timezone.), and I finished it today after work, I really enjoyed it although I was sad that neither of the scenes from the trailers were in it (Especially the part from the Halloween trailer I was so looking forward to that part! although I did find the place from the first trailer where he was hiding under some stairs.) and because the game was kind of short, but I still thought it was fantastic.

However I have one question I really want to know, how did Mandus make the Pigmen? did he fuse humans and pigs together? in one of the notes it sounded like he just mutated pigs while his uncle (Who I still don't know who he is!) used humans or something like that, is there a concrete answer in the game?
Also what about the water monsters? were they the same ones from the original Amnesia or something else? one of the notes sounded like they were stuck between dimensions or something, so were they just previously Pigmen or what it sort of sounded to me like they made the same sort of noises?
Also the electric Pigman at the end that seemed to teleport everywhere, what was up with that thing? was it a super Pigman that Mandus or his evil half (Which I think is the guy in the machine? I'm not sure.) made? I hurried through that section so I don't know if there was any paper about it.

I know that's more than one question and I have a lot of other questions about the game, but I will wait till more people have finished and figured out the story to see if the answers come out, thanks for any help!

EDIT: Oh I just thought about one more thing! the Pig Masks! who was putting them everywhere? what was their purpose? I know they are like Aztec masks like people were talking about before the game came out, but I don't know anything else about them!
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 11:07 AM by pikmintaro.)
09-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Find
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3

(09-11-2013, 10:57 AM)Paddy Wrote: But The Machine makes very direct references to real-world events, such as WW1 and WW2, the Holocaust, etc. I'll reload my save and see what he actually says XD

No, you are absolutely right. And the entire thing with the machine and pigs vs the bourgeois is in a way a reference to the revolution of 1917. Which is why the ending leaves a very bitters-weet taste in your mouth - those horrors do happen, as we know now, living in 2013.
09-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Other spoiler threads merged!
09-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(09-11-2013, 11:01 AM)droog Wrote: A few people are talking about a man in a coffin at the end of the game... where? I must have missed him.

It's not a coffin, it's like an incubator or something. You start off the section standing on a metal walkway and you're facing the direction in which the incubator thing can be seen, and if you turn around and walk the other direction it brings you to the temple/ending Wink

(09-11-2013, 11:04 AM)HamStar Wrote: No, you are absolutely right. And the entire thing with the machine and pigs vs the bourgeois is in a way a reference to the revolution of 1917. Which is why the ending leaves a very bitters-weet taste in your mouth - those horrors do happen, as we know now, living in 2013.

That's the impression I got from it, glad I'm not losing it haha. So, back to my facepalm-inducing 9/11 question! The Twin Towers were referred to as "the brothers", and the only major horrific event involving "two brothers falling" I can think of would be 9/11, but I'm sure there are probably thousands of other examples I just don't know about...

Does the Grunt appear in this game? If so, how do I find him? His files are included in the redist\entities\enemy directory along with all of the other AAMFP ones, but he's the only TDD enemy who appears there, which says to me he must have been put there deliberately.

I'm not sure if I'm oinking up the wrong tree here, but listening to some of the voice over files in the install directory has me wondering if there's another ending.

redist\sounds\vo\16_temple

All of the voice overs in this directory are obviously related to the "Temple" level, which is the final section of the game, yet there seems to be a "happy Machine" and "sad Machine" ending. One in which he pleads Oswald not to ruin his shit, and another in which he's all happy because he got what he wanted. Hmmm...
09-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Find
zepelius Offline

Threads: 0

(09-11-2013, 10:57 AM)zweikiki Wrote: How did Mandus' children die exactly? And why has Mandus visions about them (opening their chests and showing their hearts)?

I understood that while in Mexico, Mandus saw vision about World War I and other horrible events from future and decided that it's better for his children to die right now rather than in war. Maybe he killed them in Aztec sacrifice style by carving their hearts out.
09-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-11-2013, 11:37 AM)zepelius Wrote: Maybe he killed them in Aztec sacrifice style by carving their hearts out.

He definitely did. It's also heavily implied when you see the children pull their own hearts out in visions.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Find
Babomancer Offline

Threads: 2

(09-11-2013, 07:23 AM)Streetboat Wrote: the second is too 'deus ex machina'.

har har Blush
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Find
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3

(09-11-2013, 11:30 AM)Paddy Wrote: That's the impression I got from it, glad I'm not losing it haha. So, back to my facepalm-inducing 9/11 question!

I don't know why the other poster facepalmed - I had the same impression. But it's always difficult with vague predictions, it might've been about something else. yet, I think it is a reference to 9/11 and the consequences.

(09-11-2013, 11:30 AM)Paddy Wrote: Does the Grunt appear in this game? If so, how do I find him?

From what I've heard in other threads, it seems you can find his dead body somewhere in the Bilge. I somehow missed that, though, so can't be sure about it.

(09-11-2013, 11:30 AM)Paddy Wrote: I'm not sure if I'm oinking up the wrong tree here, but listening to some of the voice over files in the install directory has me wondering if there's another ending.
I mentioned that yesterday in another thread. From what I've heard, there was another ending planned (or more like another ending with two outcomes, like in TDD), but it was cut because it wasn't as good as the one ending, that was left in the game. But if someone finds more info on this, it would be great - I'm sure there are things in the game, people haven't found yet.
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Website Find
Derxor Offline

Threads: 1

(09-11-2013, 11:30 AM)Paddy Wrote: All of the voice overs in this directory are obviously related to the "Temple" level, which is the final section of the game, yet there seems to be a "happy Machine" and "sad Machine" ending. One in which he pleads Oswald not to ruin his shit, and another in which he's all happy because he got what he wanted. Hmmm...

I got the one where he straps himself to the dentist bed (have no idea what to call it) and then there was a cinematic backtracking through all the hallways you just went through. I got kind of lost, I'll replay it tonight and tomorrow night actually reading the freacking notes hahaha

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
09-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Website Find