Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-14-2013, 02:14 PM)Lewk Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 02:04 PM)droog Wrote: Twitter:

@ChineseRoom is there a reason, why the clocks in #aamfp are frozen at 12AM? Or do I read to much into it? Wink

@sandron92 there's a reason for pretty much everything Smile

Is Sandron a TCR affiliate/team member?

Sorry it's a bit confusing.

I'am sandron and asked the thing with the clocks. Then they answered with "there's a reason for pretty much everything Smile".
Wink
09-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Find
jacksepticeye Offline

Threads: 0

@ChineseRoom is there a reason, why the clocks in #aamfp are frozen at 12AM? Or do I read to much into it? Wink

I sent almost the exact same tweet to them 12 hours ago lol after I wrote here like 3 pages back that I noticed all the clocks were frozen at 12AM. Someone stole my idea Tongue Anyway just glad they answered cos I didn't hastag it

[Image: cPAGfGz.png]

(09-14-2013, 12:55 AM)jacksepticeye Wrote: I think he may in fact be reliving memories. I found something odd

In the mansion at the very start all the clocks are at 12am. I know this game is set on New Years eve but doesn't a Journal entry say the new year just ticked over when he's in the chair at the end?

The clocks could be stuck to symbolise that he's in the chair right now waiting to hit the switch to rip out his heart and he's reliving all that has just happened

Also one of the clocks isn't frozen in time, the pendulum moves and the clock ticks but it goes to before midnight and after ticking back anf forth between the two never moving forward.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I found it odd

EDIT: Oh and that ticking clock is when you get downstairs for the first time to the right of the audio recording before the piano jumpscare
09-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

(09-14-2013, 02:18 PM)jacksepticeye Wrote:

@ChineseRoom is there a reason, why the clocks in #aamfp are frozen at 12AM? Or do I read to much into it?

I sent almost the exact same tweet to them 12 hours ago lol after I wrote here like 3 pages back that I noticed all the clocks were frozen at 12AM. Someone stole my idea Tongue Anyway just glad they answered cos I didn't hastag it

[Image: cPAGfGz.png]

(09-14-2013, 12:55 AM)jacksepticeye Wrote: I think he may in fact be reliving memories. I found something odd

In the mansion at the very start all the clocks are at 12am. I know this game is set on New Years eve but doesn't a Journal entry say the new year just ticked over when he's in the chair at the end?

The clocks could be stuck to symbolise that he's in the chair right now waiting to hit the switch to rip out his heart and he's reliving all that has just happened

Also one of the clocks isn't frozen in time, the pendulum moves and the clock ticks but it goes to before midnight and after ticking back anf forth between the two never moving forward.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I found it odd

EDIT: Oh and that ticking clock is when you get downstairs for the first time to the right of the audio recording before the piano jumpscare

Haha Big Grin , yeah I realized it also on my first playthrough, but since it is a very small detail it could be a desgin issue or something like that. Very cool, that there is a deeper reason behind it.
I saw these clocks:
-the one in Lily's room.
-the one in the big hall where the ground shakes.
-next to the main entrance.
-(I think in the office with the rifles was also one)?
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 02:46 PM by Draug.)
09-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Or it could just be that animating all those clocks would be too complicated with their heavy workload...
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 02:46 PM by bluel0bster.)
09-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

(09-14-2013, 02:46 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: Or it could just be that animating all those clocks would be too complicated with their heavy workload...

Initially this was also my thought, but after the tweet I think there is a reason.
09-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(09-14-2013, 02:47 PM)droog Wrote: Initially this was also my thought, but after the tweet I think there is a reason.

Devs like to be purposefully ambiguous. Reason could be precisely that, design choice.

Of course it could mean something else... I just don't see what.
09-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

(09-14-2013, 03:08 PM)bluel0bster Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 02:47 PM)droog Wrote: Initially this was also my thought, but after the tweet I think there is a reason.

Devs like to be purposefully ambiguous. Reason could be precisely that, design choice.

Of course it could mean something else... I just don't see what.

jacksepticeye already brought a cool theory in my opinion.

(09-14-2013, 12:55 AM)jacksepticeye Wrote: The clocks could be stuck to symbolise that he's in the chair right now waiting to hit the switch to rip out his heart and he's reliving all that has just happened
09-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Find
exmachinax Offline

Threads: 0

Quote:chineseroom posted:

What does happen at the very end?

He gives birth to the 20th Century?

Did someone here read the graphic novel From Hell? A lengthy piece, written by Alan Moore and illustrated mainly by Eddie Campbell. It is about Jack the Ripper, a speculative work of fiction, but with a lot of real world research on the matter. The book tell how his crimes were some kind of ritual. He has a vision of the future, and saw how people can be so... indifferent in our age. Seems familiar? Tongue

It came from my my after the post from the person telling how the streets in the London "pigapocalypse" were named after the streets where Jack killed the women. Also, the novel has the following sentece, spoken/written by Jack - it is not in the real Jack's letters, it was made for the graphic novel:

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth Century".

I find the similarities to be quite striking. As a bonus speculation, in the end, there are seagulls mentioned, symbolic, of course, and it made me think of Dear Esther.
09-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

This is the first time I lay foot inside this thread, so I have not caught up with what is being discussed or speculated, so I apologize if this has been mentioned before, which it probably has. Anyway, I started up the intro again of the game, and then it occured to me ...

Spoiler below!

Is it possible that two of the creatures are actually your twin sons, always one step ahead of you, waiting for you, and that they actually want you to follow them, and they somehow manifest as hallucinations/ghosts with voices? It probably sounds silly, but hey, this is the world of Amnesia we are talking about. There sure is something very fishy about the whole hallucination/ghost deal.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
09-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

Threads: 1

(09-14-2013, 04:14 PM)exmachinax Wrote:
Quote:chineseroom posted:

What does happen at the very end?

He gives birth to the 20th Century?

Did someone here read the graphic novel From Hell? A lengthy piece, written by Alan Moore and illustrated mainly by Eddie Campbell. It is about Jack the Ripper, a speculative work of fiction, but with a lot of real world research on the matter. The book tell how his crimes were some kind of ritual. He has a vision of the future, and saw how people can be so... indifferent in our age. Seems familiar? Tongue

It came from my my after the post from the person telling how the streets in the London "pigapocalypse" were named after the streets where Jack killed the women. Also, the novel has the following sentece, spoken/written by Jack - it is not in the real Jack's letters, it was made for the graphic novel:

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth Century".

I find the similarities to be quite striking. As a bonus speculation, in the end, there are seagulls mentioned, symbolic, of course, and it made me think of Dear Esther.
You're not the only one who thought of that.

Also, From Hell is a masterpiece. The amount of research that went into to comic is mindboggling.

Have you read the From Hell companion?

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Find