Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash report
Chakatai Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago Crash report

Non-specified crash when exiting the first area (loading screen). Tabs out, sound goes on for a moment and then Windows flashes up the usual highly uninformative notification about program crashing and trying to fetch information online, which it obviously never does.

Running desktop computer w/ Win7 x64, nVidia GeForce GTX 580 graphics card. Log attached.

Will jump hoops for fun over this to see if using fixes for any other issues mentioned would magically work, but thought it might be helpful to actually post this meanwhile too.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 67.26 KB / Downloads: 101)
09-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Crash report

Using Steam? Have you tried to check the cache integrity of the game in Steam? right-click, properties, last tab and there is the option.
09-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Website Find
Chakatai Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Crash report

I did that, everything checked out fine. I tried the game again after that and upping the graphics through launcher and it seems like some of what I've done / what has happened since, if anything, has fixed my issue. I had to play the starting area through again but once I reached the door, it worked fine that time and everything else seems in order too now.

If it was the graphics changes I made, then this is definitely the first time making a game harder to run has fixed a crash issue for me, but since there was nothing else...
Still, though, I'll be paranoidly saving and exiting in front of every door as long as I'm not being chased by anything ugly from here on out for a while Tongue
09-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Find