Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How do you rate Requiem? (or until now)
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2
RE: How do you rate Requiem? (or until now)

Demo 8
Overture: 9
Black Plague: 7
Requiem: 4

Requiem is not bad but this is the worst part of the series

Why flashlight have endless battery? Where are any anamy? I expect puzzles would be more difficult but I have problem only in one place... I have only one scary moment in the beginning, then I feel only furstration... First 2 levels are the best but then... Oh, one more question: why it too NOISY?? I have a headache after end...

And for what those artefacts again? Alternativ ending?
09-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Find
Zeewolf Offline

Threads: 1

I really liked Requiem, in fact for me it represents pretty much what I would like Frictional to concentrate on in the future: Great puzzles, instead of mediocre stealth gameplay.
09-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

True wolf. But only puzzles is boring. It needs balance.

This is Overture and Black plague

Horror 1 - puzzles 0

This is Requiem

Horror 0 - puzzles 1

This is how it should be

Horror 1 - Puzzles 1

Wink

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Find
Umbra Offline

No, it should be

Horror 1 - Puzzles 0,5

Like in Demo) If Demo and Overture were one game, I'll give it 10/10)
09-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Find
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3

A good one, if you treat it as an epilogue to the story. A great adventure with good script. Not a horror anymore, but a great adventure. But yes, i absolutely love this kind of gameplay ("portal gameplay" so most people understand) but it's good when you don't feel like playing a mod to PortalSmile The ending was even more confusing than in Black Plague and if it was a good surprise there here it just feels like they didin't know what exactly should they do with Phillip. Or maybe there is some other way and i'm missing something?Smile
But if i rate all Penumbra games, they would stand chronologically (including Tech demo) from top to bottom.
09-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Website Find
Thaxlsyssilyaan Offline

For those who are deceived by Requiem and want a horror game until next frictional game, try Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corner of the earth (and not, R. Anderson and the call of Cthulhu).

This is a GREAT horror game.
09-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

R.A CoC sucks. Wink

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
09-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Find
Umbra Offline

R. Anderson is the worst game, based on novels of Lovecraft... I end this game only cause I want to now how it ena and end was too tipical. But I had there two scary moments (when Shagot moved in the shadows), but this is not a game - this is 3D map in Wolfenstain 3D style

And CoC: DCotE is cool! I played it just after Overture and I like it very much, but for me Penumbra is the best 1-st person horror-adventure game!
09-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Find
Thaxlsyssilyaan Offline

I agree about RA CoC suck.

About the DCotE, i found it more scary than penumbra, perhaps because Penumbra stealth is too easy, like in Thief.

We should not be able to know when we are invisible. Feeling safe when screen turn blue was a bit less scary. (But Overture and Black plague was second and third scariest game i played).
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Zeewolf Wrote:I really liked Requiem, in fact for me it represents pretty much what I would like Frictional to concentrate on in the future: Great puzzles, instead of mediocre stealth gameplay.

Yeah, I think Frictional games wants to make more puzzle based games than to only consentrate on horror. They were just experimenting on Requiem.
09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Find