Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what is the purpose of the machine?
defiance1409 Offline

Threads: 2
So what is the purpose of the machine?

So i have just finished the game and i have read almost all of the notes, but i still don't get it.

What is the real purpose of the machine?
09-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
RE: So what is the purpose of the machine?

I think they turn Humans or animals into pig like creatures... Remember that part where the monsters behaved like humans, kids ? Where they were eating, playing ... So i think Its that.
But i dont rly get it either...

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
09-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: So what is the purpose of the machine?

The Machine is a massive sacrificial altar - Mandus believed that in order to avert the coming horrors of the 20th century, he would need to create a mechanical god fueled by the blood of countless humans. The 'machine for pigs' is really a metaphor for his perception of the world as a grinder of human flesh.

There's many purposes to this eldritch monstrosity. It turns the rich and poor alike into meat for humans to consume, it melds pig and human together into miserable abominations, and it will 'spin the world wheel on the path to redemption'. I suspect that if the entirety of London had been fed to this monstrosity, the world created by these sacrifices would be far more horrific than our own history.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 10:10 PM by Alardem.)
09-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Find