Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashes randomly
SheepRider Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago Game crashes randomly

Hi,

I've bought the game today on Steam and every time I try to play it, it crashes randomly: The game stops, sound loops for a couple of seconds, then the screen goes black, then a white window appears with the "loading"-mousesymbol. After a while, the classic windows-crash-warning appears (no response, you can wait or close etc.). It never happens at the same point, and always during a level.

I checked the troubleshooting already, verified the game-cache, tried different settings and got the latest AMD-update, but nothing helped.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 80.15 KB / Downloads: 85)
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 06:40 PM by SheepRider.)
09-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Game crashes randomly

The card is below requierments. But should try and go to amd.com and get the lastest driver available for it, if that does not help then get the latest stable driver. If that does not help, try changing settings in the control panel for the AMD card and see if that helps, for example turn off Catalyst AI.
09-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Website Find
SheepRider Offline

I see, thanks, I will try that. What causes the crash then? I had no FPS problems even on high settings, so it seems rather strange that the card is below requirements.
09-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Find
SheepRider Offline

So this did not work, but I tried to play it on my laptop and it works flawlessly there even though that machine has way less power than my desktop. This game seems to be very badly optimized, but at least I got it running now.
09-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

The HD 4800 is a unsupported card because AMD has stopped supporting that family of cards, it is now on the Legacy GPU's part of the AMD site, unfortunately theres no support for it on the new drivers.

And the game is very well optimized on my AMD HD 5770 it works with all High settings very well, i'm even surprised how fractionals games can make a OpenGL game have so little problems on the AMD cards, because AMD is known for their not so good OpenGL support.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 02:12 AM by Argoon.)
09-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Find