Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just lost my entire game (spoilers)...
LadyDonut Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago Just lost my entire game (spoilers)...

Had been having the same issues as some other users - game kept crashing to desktop between levels. I put the graphics on low and put antivirus software on silent and got through most of the game without too many issues. After I finished sabotaging the steam regulator and ran through the streets to reach the elevator and go back down into the machine, the game crashed between levels again. I opened the game back up, selected my profile and tried to load the game again... and it's taken me right back to the opening sequence. My whole game is lost! Please help!
Playing on a Sony Vaio (Laptop) with Windows 7
Intel core i5
Radeon graphics
09-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Just lost my entire game (spoilers)...

Don't worry, this has happened to a few people and is a known bug which will be addressed in the next patch Wink

You should be able to work around the bug in the meantime. Have you tried manually selecting "Load Game" from the main menu and choosing the latest savegame or have you just tried pressing "Continue"? Try loading the game manually and see if that works.

If that doesn't work you can double-check to make sure your save files are still present on your system by going here:

C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\Amnesia\Pig\<profile name>\

There should be numerous files in this folder each beginning with "AutoSave" and should look something like this:

Spoiler below!
[Image: styau.jpg]

If the files are there you haven't lost your progress, so that's something to be happy about at least!
09-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Find
LadyDonut Offline

Threads: 1

Thank you so much Paddy! It looks like all the save files are there at least, so I'll try to load the game manually and see how it goes. *Wiping sweat from brow* Thanks again!
09-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

You're welcome!

By the way, if loading the game manually does work (and it should) you will probably have to load your savegames this way from now on, or at least until the patch is released, so ignore the "Continue" option for the time being Wink
09-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Find