Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I think I broke the game
slomoe Offline

Threads: 1
I think I broke the game

I made it down to the kennels, turned right and got to the room with the electronic light switch. When I first turned it on, I heard this switching going on. I left the room but didn't get as far as the other side where the lights are supposed to be cycling.

I came back to the switch and pressed it rapidly a bunch of times. Now, I've learned that the switching noise is the lights in the other hallway turning on and off. The problem is, now the switching has stopped when the display is lit up. But, when I turn off the display, the switching noise returns.

If I turn off the display and leave the room, that hallway is now dark and I get attacked if I go that way. If I turn the display on and go to the other hallway, it is dark and no lights ever come on.

Did I make a bad mistake, or is there something I've overlooked? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
08-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Find
Ninjit_Turak Offline

RE: I think I broke the game

something is attacking you through the holes in the hallway, block them off.
08-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Find
slomoe Offline

Ninjit_Turak Wrote:something is attacking you through the holes in the hallway, block them off.

Boy was I on the wrong track. I was trying to block off the holes where the lights go on and off. Thanks.
09-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

i dont know if that is a bug or not, but I get the same. it lights up, the lights outside are dark. fuse/circuit box is not lit, and the lights outside are lit
09-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Find
slomoe Offline

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:i dont know if that is a bug or not, but I get the same. it lights up, the lights outside are dark. fuse/circuit box is not lit, and the lights outside are lit

Without giving too much away, when you hear the switching going on, that is when you have to go to the far hallway. If you are being attacked when you leave the room, then you have to stop the attackers from coming out of the walls.
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

If you think about it. Tossing a flare in front of the holes can prevent the monsters from coming out, no? =/

Of course, this is not possible in the game. But the thought stroke me when I read through this thread.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
09-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Find